J-37 Ordnance Transport
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|J-37 Ordnance Transport|
|Armor||Star Slab/3 Standard Armor|
|Engine||80 Vox Fusion Engine|
The J-37 Ordnance Transport is a support vehicle used for resupplying military units in the field. Based on the earlier J-27 Ordnance Transport, it has been produced in the Capellan Confederation by Ceres Metals since the twenty-eighth century, though production was halted by the Succession Wars. In response to the failings of the J-27, the J-37 is larger, with the ability to carry 17 tons of cargo, and better protected, replacing the vulnerable trailer with an enclosed hold. It also comes with a one-ton Infantry Transport Bay and carries 5.5 tons of combat-grade armor. The vehicle's high speed, powered by a Fusion Engine, allows it to quickly get to its destination and, if necessary, flee from the enemy.
Weapons and Equipment
The vehicle is only armed with an ER Small Laser, meant to provide limited self-protection, manned by a dedicated gunner.
When originally produced, the J-37 was armed with only a Small Laser, as well as a weaker frame and armoring. When production restarted in 3076, the vehicle was heavily upgraded to its current configuration.
Originally created by WizKids' MechWarrior: Dark Age - Death from Above game set. Additional rules and record sheets were provided following the release of Technical Readout: 3085 and Record Sheets: 3085.
- MUL online date for the J-37 Ordnance Transport
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 54