Jade Falcon (species)
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|(Falco Smaragdus Edenopis)|
|Type||Bird of Prey|
|Average mass||1.7 kg|
|Average height||70 cm|
The Jade Falcon is a predatory bird the size of Terra's largest Eagles which was designed by SLDF scientists from the genes of the Peregrine and the Gyrfalcon. Created upon settling the Pentagon Worlds, the Jade Falcons' purpose was to hunt the dangerous Eden Serpent on Eden with its razor-sharp talons and poison resistance; it was soon also exported to Dagda to hunt a similar native menace on that world, the Dagada.
Like their Terran forebears, Jade Falcons can be tamed. Elizabeth Hazen, considered one of the founders of Clan Jade Falcon, was noted as the first person to completely tame and train a Jade Falcon which she named Turkina.
- Classic BattleTech Companion, p. 139, "Creatures"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 9
- Classic BattleTech Comapanion, p. 139