Janos Marik (Individual Impavido-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The FWLS Janos Marik was the second-of-class ship of the new Impavido class of destroyers, launched after her sister ship FWLS Impavido and by 3059 was one of four WarShips that formed the Free Worlds League "public fleet" of WarShips.
As of 3059 the Janos Marik had been assigned to the New Olympia system under the command of Admiral Eugene Schlondorff, commandant of the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School, although the day to day command of the ship was actually being performed by Captain Angus Shaw.
The Janos Marik was involved in a pitched naval battle in the Atreus system on the 25th of October 3068, where loyalist and Blakist elements of the Free Worlds League navy turned on each other. The Blakists had suborned a significant number of WarShips within the Free Worlds League navy, and those Blakist-affiliated ships in the Atreus system at the time - the Aegis-class heavy cruiser FWLS Nueva Badajoz, the Thera-class carrier FWLS Corinth and one of her escorts, the Eagle-class frigate FWLS Mordred, the Black Lion-class battlecruiser FWLS Xanthos, the Agamemnon-class heavy cruiser FWLS Aeneas and the Impavido-class FWLS Impavido - attacked the League loyalist WarShips present in the system at the time.
The loyalist WarShips in the system were mainly lighter destroyers and corvettes, and which consisted of the Janos Marik, the Eagle-class FWLS Gawain, the Zechetinu-class corvette FWLS Sparta, the Zechetinu II-class corvettes FWLS Acari and FWLS Scorpion and the Essex-class destroyer FWLS Raven. The naval battle was a victory for the Blakist forces; none of the Blakist WarShips were destroyed, although all of them had suffered damage, but of the loyalist forces, only the FWLS Acari and FWLS Raven escaped to seek refuge in the Duchy of Oriente.
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 117, "FWLS Janos Marik"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 116, "FWLS Impavido"
- Field Manual: Updates", p. 144, "Ships Of The FWL"
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus BattleCorps Exclusive Track, p. 2, "True Colors Revealed"