Jie Fang Legion
|Jie Fang Legion|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Guardians of Liberty|
|Parent Formation||Free Capella|
The Jie Fang Legion was a military command that was formed from disaffected, former St. Ives Compact troops after the end of the Capellan-St. Ives War that did not wish to become part of the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces. Though they were technically a mercenary unit, the Legion was largely supported by Duke George Hasek II.
Xin Sheng Campaign
From 3064 to 3067 the unit was constantly training and honing their abilities. The Legion deployed its third battalion to Grand Base, where it fought Warrior House Lu Sann disguised as Taurian raiders. The raid was successful, with the Legion leaving with the 'Mechs and equipment from the world's warehouses. The battalion attempted a second raid, which turned disastrous, leaving the unit with severe losses.
The Legion took the world of Denbar during the invasion's third wave in August. While under their occupation, the Legion's forces conducted a series of urban police actions, which were severely botched. Later, it was dispatched to the world of New Westin.
In October, the 5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry and Death Commandos invaded the planet as part of the first wave of Operation: Thunderstrike. The Legion was annihilated by the loyalist Capellan units.
The Legion specialized in attacking urban areas.
3063 to 3067
- CO: Colonel Jin-Quo Yong
- CO: Major Freda Tantovich
- CO: Lt. Colonel Robert Hewitt
- CO: Lt. Colonel Norton Highcliff
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 116, "Jie Fang Legion Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 31, "Jie Fang Legion profile".
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 17, "Jie Fang Legion has problems while policing Denbar".
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 20, "Operation: Thunderstrike" - Jie Fang Legion is destroyed in first wave of Operation Thunderstrike.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 34, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"