- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|JI-50 “Jifty” Transportable Field Repair Unit|
|Use||Field repair, salvage|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Standard)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Tracked (Medium)|
|Top Speed||64 kph|
|Power Plant||Fusion Engine|
|Armament||2 x Light Machine Guns|
|Armor||3.5 tons of BAR6 armor|
The Jifty was used to bring repair capacities to broken and downed units in the field.
The various invasions during the early parts of the Jihad, had numbers of the Jifty fall into other factions' hands. This happened principally during the Taurian invasion 3067 and House Liao's Operation Thunderstrike has spread the vehicle into the hands of neighboring factions.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Jifty is equipped with a cargo bay with 19.5 ton capacity with an accessible door in the rear.
- JI-50 (Machine Gun Variant) - Field modification that dropped the light machine guns for two standard machine guns. BV (2.0) = 231
- JI-50 (Unarmed Variant) - Field modification that has all its weaponry dropped for a third lift hoist, but with reduced cargo capacity. BV (2.0) = 231
- JI-50 (Medium Laser Variant) - Field modification that adds a pair of Medium Lasers added at the cost of its cargo capacity. BV (2.0) = 304
- JI-50 (Q-Vehicle Variant) - Custom vehicle rumored to be designed for ambush busting. Exchanges its cargo capacity for its fill of eight SRM-4 launchers and ammunition. BV (2.0) = 523
- Nifty Support Vehicle - Produced by Blue Bull, Inc. the vehicle is an ICE powered knock-off of the Jifty that appeared during the Jihad. Johnson attempted to sue to patent violation, but failed due to the chaotic events of the war. BV (2.0) = 113
- Master Unit List, "JI-50 "Jifty" Transportable Field Repair Unit JI-50"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 62, "JI-50 "Jifty" Transportable Field Repair Unit"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 111
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 112
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 113