Joseph Cameron (24th c.)
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Parents|| Samson Anders (father)|
Deborah Cameron (mother)
Early Life & Career
Oldest son of Deborah Cameron, Joseph Cameron joined the Hegemony Armed Forces and became combat officer in its Marine Corp. However, his career was cut short due to a training accident, which claimed his right eye. He was then transferred from field service to desk job. There while working for the Hegemony's Department of Foreign Relations, he became known as accomplished negotiator. He would openly support his mother's new Strategy of Aggressive Peacemaking initiative she would implement in 2540.
Director-General of the Terran Hegemony and his Assassination
In 2542, his mother retired as Director-General, she designated him as her successor. After ascending to the throne, he would announce he would continue to maintain his mother's Aggressive Peacemaking policies. However, unknown to him, some within the military became dissatisfied with the old Director-General's Peacekeeping policy, which favored diplomats over the military. This collective dislike policy became organized into a cabal, plotted against the Joseph. The over taxed the Hegemony Central Intelligence Bureau failed to alert Joseph on what would bring the Hegemony into crisis.
A member of the cabal was administrative clerk of the Hegemony's Marine Corp by the name of Captain Henry Green. The captain would take matters into his own hands being tired of Cabal's lack of action. In September 19th, 2549, he would enter the grounds of the Joseph's Palace on Terra patiently wait 27 hours for opportunity to lash his frustrations.
From a tree in Palace's grounds, he would take aim and fire his laser rifle as leave his Limo. Joseph had taken his laser resistant jack off just moments before when the Green's second shot would hit him. Six days after the assassination attempt, Joseph would die from his wounds.
Family & Legacy
Titles and Positions
|Director-General of the Terran Hegemony
| Succeeded by|
- Star League sourcebook, p. 183 Cameron Family Tree - Deborah Cameron's birth, Death and year reign are noted.
- Star League sourcebook, p. 33 Hegemony in Crisis - Joseph Cameron's early life and his mother's politics shaping his future.
- Star League sourcebook, p. 33 & 183 Hegemony in Crisis - Joseph Cameron's short reign as Hegemony Director and beginning of the September Revolt.
- Star League sourcebook, p. 33-35 & 183 - Family Tree - Joseph's death would herald his brother to form the Star League.