|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|Parent Formation||Capellan Reserves|
Principly a defense unit in Capellan Commonality, which was principly defended its borders from House Marik aggressions.
Crossed Laser Rifles surrounded by a golden wreath.
The unit was formed volunteers from New Florence and Liao during the Successions Wars. The Grenadiers fought its first battle against Atrean Dragoons on Matheran in 2818. It won another singular victory against House Marik in 2820, when defending the world of Kwamashu. They fought Marik Militia unit and repelled them from the world, capturing two air lances worth of Seydlitz Aerospace Fighters.
The Justine's Grenadiers developed reputation from their string of successes. They became known for their trickery and ability to deceive their opponents. This proved to be true in defense of the world Bernardo where used feigned withdraw to deceive the world's invaders. They later return coming from world's northern arctic regions, hitting the unsuspecting Marik Militia force. The unit managed to capture number of Wasp and Flea light 'Mechs from them. They against, fended a withdraw, to once against conduct a second surprise attack.
The Grenadiers later conducted deep-space strike against world of Wisconsin in 2838. Wisconsin was being used as a rest & relaxation stop for two reserve Marik forces. The Grenadiers' aerospace lances caught and destroyed the 8th Marik Militia without warning, destroying them in a daring early morning attack.
In 2905, the unit conducted its first attack against Davion world of Novaya Zemlya. The Grenadiers' air lance took heavy damage by Davion air forces due lack of coordination.
The unit since the 2960s, begun to suffer to lack of resources to maintain its unit strength. Because of this, Grenadier's deep-strikes became less frequent. With unit only conducting specified objective-raids against Marik worlds for supplies and what not. The unit morale begun to plummet considerably due to reduction of its more offensive actions it was known for. Despite that, its individual members have kept their moral up.
Known for feinting withdraws, sneak attacks, deep-strikes.
Justine's Grenadiers (Green/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Grenadiers were a medium-weight regiment operating at just below full strength and were stationed on Kwamashu.
- CO: was Colonel Nancy Justine Gordon
- 1st Battalion Commander - Major Andreas Hamilton
- 2nd Battalion Commander - Major Otto Leopold
- 3rd Battalion Commander - Major Norman Ming
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 92 - "Unit formation is not noted, only its first battle"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 65, "23rd Marik Militia"
- House Liao (Confederation Capella), p. 106
- Eleventh Succession War (Source Book), p. 135, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF) - Deployment Table"