- This article is about the K-1 "DropShuttle" class of small craft. For the DropShuttle type of spacecraft, see DropShuttle.
|Manufacturer|| BBP Industries |
|Type (Shape)||Civilian Spheroid|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine (Type)||Pratt & Whitney 400|
|Safe Thrust||4 g|
|Maximum Thrust||6 g|
|Burn Rate||1.84 days|
|Armament|| 1 x LRM-5 |
4 x Medium Lasers
1 x Small Laser
|Armor||12 tons standard|
The spheroid counterpart to the KR-61 Long Range Shuttle, the K-1-class DropShuttle is technically a small craft and notably also the smallest space vehicle equipped with a Docking Collar for attaching to a JumpShip in the fashion of a DropShip (an unusual feature for a small craft).
It should be noted that "DropShuttle" is a misnomer, as the K-1 is not a DropShuttle in the technical sense.
Originally designed in the Star League era when JumpShips were plentiful and passage aboard them frequent and inexpensive, the K-1 was used for "hops" to neighboring star systems. With the increasing rarity of JumpShips and travel aboard them at a premium since the early Succession Wars, the greater passenger and cargo capacity of regular DropShips has seen the K-1 DropShuttle relegated to the role other long range shuttles have.
A tiny booth is mentioned aboard the K-1 DropShuttle Columbus that serves as both the vessel's breakfast table and a mid-day workstation. It is unknown if this is a standard feature on K-1 type craft. Similarly, it is mentioned that the cramped cockpit features three seats.
Weapons and Equipment
Due to the long range of the craft, the K-1 is outfitted with a minimum of defensive weaponry consisting of single LRM-5 and Medium Laser mounted in the nose, another medium laser on each side, and a small and medium laser pointing directly aft.
The ship hull is protected by 21 tons of standard armor, with large portion of armor focus in in bow with least of the armor in sides.
The K-1 features sixteen point five tons of cargo capacity and berths for six passengers in steerage compartment.
Drop Shuttle Gallery
As of this writing, there is no updated BattleValue listed on Master Unit List.
- MUL Online date for the K-1
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 173 K-1 DropShuttle - Updated information with updated thrust info and burn/fuel rate.
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 197
- Forgotten Worlds, Book One
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 173 - Weapons and armor protection information from updated TRO for the K1.
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised", p. 173 - K-1 DropShuttle "Current Cargo Capacity for the K-1 (Inner Sphere) DropShuttle."
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 198
- K-1 DropShuttle - No BV2 listed.