Kappa Galaxy (Clan Wolf)
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Clan Wolf Touman|
Kappa's Grey Keshik and the 33rd Wolf Champions fought the KungsArme's Fourth Kavalleri on Diosd. Their poor performance, unable to destroy an wounded Inner Sphere force, led Khan Ward to replace the Galaxy Commander and send the 33rd to Periphery duty.
During the 3070s Kappa supported Gamma Galaxy's assault on Kirchbach. Unfortunately three Clusters of Kappa were killed by Clan Hell's Horses WarShip fire before the Galaxies even hit the surface. The surviving Clusters landed scattered across a large forest. The Kappa troops were picked off individually until their Galaxy Commander accepted hegira. The Wolf commanders transferred the Sixth Wolf Garrison Cluster from Tau Galaxy into Kappa so Kappa would remain effective.
In the 3090s and 3100s, Kappa Galaxy was often targeted by Rasalhague Dominion forces for training missions. Kappa learned to use conventional forces and unconventional tactics to face these raids as they were frequently understrength. This served the Clan well during the formation of the Wolf Empire, as Kappa was able to effectively defend against Inner Sphere tactics used by the Lyran Commonwealth and Free Worlds League. When the Empire formed, Inner Sphere bondsmen filled the Clans ranks. Kappa was seen as the perfect unit to lead the honorless Sphereoids.
Galaxy Commander Sandra Vickers was still in command in 3085.
- Grey Keshik
- Thirty-third Wolf Champions
- 101st Battle Cluster
- First Wolf Garrison
- First Wolf Hussars
- Grey Keshik
- Eighth Wolf Cavalry Cluster
- Fifth Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Sixth Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Fourteenth Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Second Wolf Guards Grenadiers Cluster
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 53, "Kappa Galaxy - Clan Wolf"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 119
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 160
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 75, "Deployment Table - Clan Wolf
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 171, "Clan Force Deployments - Wolf Empire"