- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Is MechWarrior 5 About To Go Epic Exclusive?
- Read more →
During a raid on Skondia at some point between 3020 and 3023, the House Kurita DropShip Karasu was damaged by the Kell Hounds' aerospace wing and forced to land near a fjord. Normally Duke Aldo Lestrade would have had the right to salvage the vessel, but the resourceful mercenary officer Patrick Kell had his unit dig a canal from the fjord to the resting place of the Karasu, creating a small ocean that allowed the Kell Hounds to salvage the ship under maritime salvage laws. Patrick Kell won the ensuing legal dispute, allegedly partly because he was still a Lyran Commonwealth citizen.
The Kell Hounds refurbished the ship and renamed it the Manannan MacLir. It would serve with the Kell Hounds throughout the remainder of the Succession Wars era.
- Warrior: En Garde, chapter 29
- The Kell Hounds timeline on p. 14 of the sourcebook also ambiguously states the ship was captured during the three-year contract, but nevertheless mentions this in the year the contract started, i.e. 3020, indicating the capture may have occurred in that specific year.
- The Kell Hounds, p. 13
- En Garde, chapter 3
- The Kell Hounds, p. 29