Katana (Individual Invader-class JumpShip)
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
- This article is about the individual JumpShip. For other uses, see Katana (disambiguation).
|Class||Invader (see notes)|
The Katana was a JumpShip operated by Isesaki Shipping of the Draconis Combine. The Katana and its attached DropShip Kwaidan were impounded for smuggling by Federated Commonwealth officials at the nadir jump point of the Tharkad system in mid-3050. Both ships and their crews were subsequently requisitioned by then-Major Adam Steiner when he formed the 1st Somerset Strikers. The Strikers, the Katana and the Kwaidan became somewhat famous through Tharkad Broadcasting Company's (somewhat inaccurate) holovid about the unit's exploits; the 'real' existence of the vessels and their involvement with the unit was was confirmed beyond said holovid by other sources.
According to available sources, the Draconis Combine consented with the requisition of the ships and sanctioned their service with the 1st Somerset Strikers. It was not stated what happened to them after the 1st Somerset Strikers were disbanded.
- Within the animated TV series ("holovid show"), the Katana is consistently described and depicted as an Invader-class JumpShip. However, the show is frequently described as inaccurate and having taken considerable artistic license, and the Katana's class is not explicitly stated in any other source. It should be noted that it seems unusual for an Invader-class vessel (with three hardpoints, assuming they were all undamaged and useable) to carry only a single DropShip.
- Based on Clan Jade Falcon attacking Somerset in May 3050 (according to the Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 39) and Adam Steiner recapturing the world in November 3050 (according to Era Report: 3052, p. 12 sidebar)
- including memos by the FedCom Intelligence Secretariat (1st Somerset Strikers sourcebook, p. 41 and p. 47)