(References to Kaumberg)
Kaumberg neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||191 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||36°C (Warm-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Reference Year||3067 - 3079|
|Ruler||Baron Erich Sheridan (3067)|
|Population|| 1,782,000,000 (3067)|
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3130 - Lyran Commonwealth 
Kaumberg was settled for it's vast mountain ranges and forest lands. Though mining would seem to be a logical industry for the world, most of Kaumberg's economy is based on the timber trade. The original settlers arrived in the 24th century and were a mix of Germans and Austrians. These colonists were impressed by the terrain that reminded them of the Alps and other mountain ranges that were near their traditional homesteads.
Over time Kaumberg's families set up a semi-democratic process that elected one of the families to power. Since the initial colonization, most political power has been concentrated in the hands of two families: House Hasseldorf and House LeSat. During the FedCom Civil War the tensions between these two families boiled over into armed conflict and the resulting battles razed much of the planet and decimated the planetary defense forces as well as both houses. Even after spending several years in recovery, the lumber exports had only reached 75% of their pre-Civil War levels.
During the Jihad, the Democracy Now movement attempted to achieve the formation of a democratic state based around worlds in the Alarion Province of the Lyran Alliance. In March 3071, Democracy Now protestors stormed the palace of the planetary duke of the nearby world of Enzesfled, prompting the Enzesfled government to issue urgent pleas for assistance. The Kaumberg Planetary Guard mobilized in response; this mobilization caused militant Democracy Now movements on the worlds of Batajnica and Calafell to become increasingly confrontational, and when elements of the Kaumberg Planetary Guard landed on Enzesfled on the 25th of May full-fledged rioting broke out on both Batajnica and Calafell in protest.
The leader of the Democracy Now movement, Lindon Ashley, was finally captured in 3075 after battles on a number of worlds, and Ashley and a number of his senior lieutenants were put on trial on Kaumberg in January 3076. Charged with crimes against the Lyran Alliance, the Kaumberg Archonette, and the people of both, Ashley and his lieutenants were found guilty on multiple counts in mid-February and sentenced to death. On the 26th of February Ashley and his five most senior lieutenants were executed by firing squad on Kaumberg. The trial and subsequent execution of Ashley were covered extensively by local media, and many people from planets as far away as Noisiel to witness the trial, with different factionalized groups nearly clashing in the streets and the Kaumberg Planetary Guard spent the entire period on the streets in riot gear, controlling crowds and preventing violence.
The struggle with Democracy Now was the main reason for Kaumberg only becoming a stabilizing force for the local region late in the Jihad. However, Kaumberg was a center of RetroTech production during the Jihad, with the Wechsel Royal Industrial Repair and Heavy Machining producing primitive versions of the Commando and Phoenix; production of these 'Mechs for the commercial market continued in a limited fashion after the Jihad.
- Kaumberg Planetary Guard
- -Based out of the capital city of Stuttgart, the Planetary Guard consists of 'Mechs, combat vehicles and unarmored infantry.
- Kirkpatrick's Invaders
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Handbook: House Steiner, pp. 74-75, "Kaumberg Planet Guide"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 10, "Kaumberg"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 68 - "Mercenary Employment Table"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 16, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 20, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 55, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 74, "Execution For Ashley, Conspirators"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 71-72, "Democracy Now Trials On Kaumberg"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 4, "RetroTech Facilities (Limited Commercial Production by End of 3079)"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 160, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: 3085
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance