(References to Kaus Borealis)
Kaus Borealis neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Kari DerRaff (Governor)|
Austin Siles (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3052 - Draconis Combine
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until August)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Planetary Info
When it was originally settled, Kaus Borealis was a paradise of green plants, fresh water, and beautiful seasons. In the past 300 years, however, a series of volcanic eruptions and other geological events have spewed massive amounts of ash, methane, and sulfur into the atmosphere, tainting it. Residents now need to have respirators to walk around outside, and acid rain is a common occurrence. More and more volcanos broke through the planet's surface, pumping more hostile compounds into the air and further destroying the ecosphere. At this time nearly 10% of the surface is covered by an active lava flow.
Today, scientists believe that Kaus Borealis has only a few centuries left before it completely loses the ability to support humans. They also theorize that the continents will settle into a new pattern eventually and humans may be able to recolonize the planet after that occurs. In the meantime, many inhabitants are looking to relocate to new planets, leaving the many geologists and their scientific expeditions to their studies.
Kaus Borealis was occupied by the Word of Blake during the Jihad; in late August 3075 forces from Clan Ghost Bear arrived and launched a campaign to liberate the planet, ignoring all hails from Draconis Combine forces. In mid September the allied coalition leader Devlin Stone travelled to Kaus Borealis with a small diplomatic party to meet with Clan Ghost Bear and attempt to enlist their support for the coalition. On the 21st of September, the Ghost Bears agreed to assist the coalition, and soon launched another wave of attacks against nearby worlds occupied by the Blakists.
The struggle to control Kaus Borealis evidently continued for some time, as scouts from the allied coalition raided Kaus Borealis (along with a number of other worlds) on the 25th of March 3076.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 12, "Kaus Borealis World Profile"
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 21, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 55, "The Jihad In Review"