- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
Kelley Metz was a member of the Davion military though she resigned because she could not accept the Davion-Steiner unification. She operated as an independent mercenary, periodically leaving Solaris for missions, though at some time she decided to center her career as a Solaris fighter.
Early Solaris Years
3062 Championship Run
During her face off against Blackstar Stables' Michael Searcy in the Boreal Reaches stadium. Where, stadium's holographic system created setting known as Hell's Canyon. Searcy, knowing of her injury, used his Pillager’s jump jets to make it difficult for Metz to reach him. Ultimately, despite her brain injury, she attempted to use her Emperor’s jump jets to reach him. However, the lingering effects of her injury caused her to lose her 'Mech’s balance and fall. Unable to get her 'Mech to stand, she was forced to concede victory to Searny. The following night Searcy approached her, but she snubbed him, ignoring his attempt to talk to her.
The Road to the 3067 Championship and the Jihad
Kelley took a year to recover from the injuries she incurred during the '62 championship run. In late 3063, she returned to the arenas and landed in 15th in total ranking of Solaris Warriors for that year.
It was not until 3067, when she fought against previous year Solaris Champion, Ervin Rebelke for the Solaris VII Open Class champion that she attained the title for herself. She fought Ervin in his Customized Atlas with her Ti Ts'ang at the rebuilt Steiner Stadium
On 24 September 3067 she was challenged to a duel against Steven Hendry who had retired as an arena fighter in 3054 but returned to Galahad Stables in 3060 and hoped to rekindle his career. As the Class VI circuit would not sanction the duel and would not permit it be held in a Class VI arena, Hendry and Metz agreed to fight the duel as a charity event in the Scrapyard arena in the Reaches.
In 3068 Solaris was invaded by the Word of Blake during the Jihad. In the course of the occupation, Kelley Metz was captured. The Blakist charged she was spotted in Cathay district of Solaris City. Where they gave chase, into Xolaris suburbs where she smashed a mall and ultimately forced to surrender when was cornered in Bracken Swamp.
The Blakists forced her to fight in matches to the death as a propaganda campaign. Using her signature Ti Ts'ang she fought against a Lance of Blakist BattleMechs in Steiner Stadium. With no chance of survival, she charged into them with weapons blazing and taking damage from the Blakists. She conducted a jump attack and used her 'Mech hatchet, nearly hitting the cockpit of a Vanquisher assault 'Mech before it killed her. Althought the event is undated, she was described as "last year's champion", establishing her death in 3068.
In 3067 she was piloting a Ti Ts'ang.
Titles and Positions
|Solaris VII Grand Tournament Champion
| Succeeded by|
- Solaris Gamemaster's Book, p. 29, "The Top 20"
- Illusions of Victory, p. 62 Chapter 6 - Michael Searcy comments on Metz's brain injury.
- Illusions of Victory, pp. 66-68,74 Chapters 6 & 7 - Kelley Metz’s fight with Michael Searcy and her reaction after the fight.
- Mappack: Solaris VII, pp. 14, The Game World Revisited / Kelley Metz - Kelley very-brief history update that led her to becomes 3067 Champion of Solaris.
- Hendry Vs. Metz
- Mappack: Solaris VII, pp. 8-9, story Blood Price - Kelley Metz "Execution" match is televised on holovid.