Kentares (Individual Fox-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The Fox-class corvette Kentares was was under construction in 3062 and was expected to join the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth in 3064. The eruption of the FedCom Civil War altered these plans, and the FCS Kentares ended up serving in the forces loyal to Victor Steiner-Davion. Surviving until the closing stages of the Civil War, the Kentares was one of four Foxes within the task force taken to secure New Avalon in 3066. Led by the Avalon-class cruisers FCS Melissa Davion and serving alongside the FCS Admiral Corinne Donnings, FCS Intrepid and FCS Robinson the Kentares found itself facing Loyalist forces which included two Avalon-class cruisers, the FCS Lucien Davion and FCS Alexander Davion, and two Foxes, the FCS Antrim and FCS Murmansk.
With the resulting battle seeing the Intrepid disabled and the Admiral Corinne Donnings destroyed the Kentares maneuvred itself into close proximity with the Alexander Davion and then executed a tactic that shocked both forces - the Kentares activated her K-F Drive, destroying both ships. The Kentares and the Alexander Davion were the last ships to be destroyed in the battle, as the Lucien Davion surrendered after taking heavy damage and the Murmansk executed a jump from a pirate point, vanishing without trace.
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 25, "AFFC WarShip Fleet"
- FedCom civil War, p. 170, "New Avalon"