|Manufacturer||New Earth Trading Company|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||NETC Kappa Endo Steel|
|Armor||Wall Type 8 Light Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE II|
|Engine||Core Tek 275 XL|
|Communications System||Marshal 635|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scope 4520|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Designed in secret by a renegade faction within ComStar during the mid-32nd century, the Kheper is a front line Medium Class BattleMech design intended to be a staple a unit within the secretly resurrected 1st Division of the Com Guard.
The design was put to the test during the conflict between the Republic Armed Forces and Com Guards on Epsilon Eridani. In the aftermath of the Com Guards' destruction, the Kheper's simple construction and ease of maintenance qualities met with the needs of rebuilding the RAF. After the conflict, the New Earth-based manufacturing center would be seized by Republican forces and the production output would pour into the ranks of the Republic of the Sphere. The BattleMech's speed and the fact that it was virtually an unknown quantity to the general Inner Sphere at the time would make it a choice unit for the Republic's raids outside of the Fortress Republic's Walls.
Weapons and Equipment
Configured as a generalist, the Kheper was constructed with a range of commonly found parts. The 'Mech is powered by a 275-rated Core Tek Extra-Light Fusion Engine. Its vitals and hardy Endo-Steel structure are protected by 9 tons of Wall Type 8 Light Ferro-Fibrous armor.
The 'Mech's arsenal consists of a wide range of different types of weaponry. Its long range firepower comes from its main weapons - an M-7 Gauss Rifle and a 7-tubed Holly Multi-Missile Launcher - which are each mounted in the Mech's opposing arms. CASE II is placed in the right arm and left torso in order to minimize any chance of a potential weapon or ammo detonation crippling the 'Mech. For the intermediate and short ranges, the Kheper has an ER and X-Pulse Medium Laser, and a Small VSP Laser, all of which are found either in the side torsos and in the head.
The Kheper is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- Not mentioned in the profile of the Kheper is has a clear resemblance of Heavy OmniMechs used by the Word of Blake in its Celestial series. The Kheper's appearance is not unlike the Grigori and Deva designs. However, there is no mention of it borrowing from what would be considered to be taboo designs.
- The Kheper's Technology level was originally rated as a Inner Sphere Advanced when it was originally published in TRO: 3145 Republic, however errant posted on Catalyst Game Lab's official errant board made correction due to the components used to build the Mech were not Advanced in the era/time it was in general use in 3145.
- MUL online date for the Kheper
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Republic of the Sphere, pp. 34-35, 111 KHP-7R Kheper - Stats and Mech comes equipped with.
- Record Sheets 3145: Unabridged, p. 381 KHP-7R Kheper- BV2
- Catalyst Game Labs forums posts errant that Kheper was not Advance Technology rated design due to progression of the tech levels by Dark Age Era. - Posted 1/8/2016