Kilbourne Draconis March Militia
|Kilbourne Draconis March Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Draconis March Militia later Periphery March Militia|
The Kilbourne Draconis March Militia oversees the Draconis March's border with the "wild" Periphery. As a result, the troops of this command are skilled in anti-piracy operations. Their high operational tempo has seen them fight on many worlds in their area of responsibility, and the protected worlds populations love the troops of the Kilbourne DMM for their protection. Unfortunately this high operational tempo means that the Kilbourne DMM suffered from the largest casualty rate of any DMM command.
In addition, several notable failures to drive off raiding pirates led to some people leveling charges of colluding with the enemy against the unit. Several internal investigations in the mid-3060's returned no evidence of such behavior, but the investigations did cause the morale of the unit to drop.
During the FedCom Civil War the Kilbourne DMM was quickly assaulted and disarmed by the 1st Crucis Lancers. This swift attack prevented the unit from supporting Katherine Steiner-Davion. The Lancers left the Kilbourne DMM with enough weapons to defend their world, but no transport assets to support other Loyalist forces.
During the Jihad the Kilbourne DMM faced off against a combined Clan Snow Raven/Outworlds Alliance task force. The Kilbourne DMM set up such a ferocious defense that the Snow Ravens and Alliance forces sued for peace.
With the formation of the Periphery March the Kilbourne DMM was renamed the Kilbourne Periphery March Militia. The unit remains ready to repulse any more Snow Raven forces, but the unit is slightly understrength after losing several units during pirate hunting actions.
With the unit's focus on defending against raiding pirates, it is adept in small-unit operations. This specialization has a downside however as a High Command evaluation indicated that the Kilbourne DMM would have severe problems operating in any formation larger than a battalion.
 Composition History
Kilbourne Draconis March Militia (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Wesley French
Kilbourne DMM (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Mariva Kelly
- CO: Lieutenant General Mariva Kelly
- CO: Lieutenant General Cerice May
Kilbourne DMM Armor Brigade (2 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant General Kolino Black
Kilbourne DMM Infantry Brigade (5 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant General Andrea James
Kilbourne Dracons March Militia (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Major General E. J. Hannah
Kilbourne DMM Aerospace Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Leftenant General Omar Grund)
Kilbourne DMM Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General George Sian)
Kilbourne DMM Infantry Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Wilin Popina
Kilbourne PMM LCT (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Frederick Eiler
Kilbourne PMM Aerospace Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Ilya Kuznetsov
Kilbourne PMM Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Astin Bonnet
Kilbourne PMM Infantry Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Dorcas Chapman
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 122, "Kilbourne Draconis March Militia Profile"
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 135
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Field Report: AFFS, p. 18
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 67
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 137 (pdf version), "Kilbourne PDZ"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 20 Year Update, p. 20, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Objective Raids, p. 14, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Field Manual: Update, p. 141, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3067"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 Field Manual: 3085, p. 72, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 137