|KILLER BEES: DEATH BY PAPER CUTS|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Major Ernst Murdoch|
The Killer Bees were formed from former test pilots of Cal-Boeing in 3025 and their first long-term contracts bring them to the LCAF. The Magistracy of Canopus assigned them to their joint operation with the Andurien allies.
In the War of 3039 the unit captured a Draconis Combine Invader-class JumpShip. After the conflict they served the Kungs Arme with pirate hunting. Their new contract with Irian BattleMechs in 3048 saved them from the brutality of the Clans.
With the beginning of the Jihad the command lost their employer and jumped back to Tukayyid to save their families and friends. They reached the planet via a Pirate Jump Point, broke through the naval blockade and saved over 200 refugees. In a second attempt the mercenaries saved another 23 survivors of the Word of Blake onslaught.
Since then they have worked for ComStar in reconnaissance missions against the Blakists.
Major Ernst Murdoch is an expert pilot and has flown every thing possible.
The unit use its superior speed to outrun an enemy. The scouts can act as spotter when artillery is available.
Their current employee give them a superb support access.
The Killer Bees own and operate a single Invader-class JumpShip, the Queen Bee, which transports the unit's 3 DropShips, 1 Seeker-class and 2 Leopard-class. The Leopard-class DropShips were the Gall Wasp and the Hornet's Nest.
Dragoon Rating: C
Killer Bees (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Contract: AFFC 
Killer Bees(1 Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- The TO&E includes 2 companies VTOLs + 1 squadron of aerospace fighters supported by 1 light mech company and 1 scout unit (2 platoon with vehicle support)
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 105 "Centauri Lancers - Down But Never Out"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 82, "Killer Bees: Death By Paper Cuts"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 77, "Killer Bees"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 141
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 22 "MechWarrior Carjo Yance"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 82 - "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 77