- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Commanding General of the Star League Defense Force|
General Squarn-Turk's service was largely unremarkable, for the most part continuing the programs started by his predecessors. One of his two major contributions was the expansion and deepening of the curriculum at SLDF military academies, based on the general's belief that officers had to be intelligent and sophisticated as much as they were deadly. The other was his controversial change to allow retiring soldiers to buy their weapons with their muster-out bonus (barring any proscribed Hegemony technology, of course). The policy was originally aimed at combating pirates and other criminals, as many retired soldiers become private security guards in the Periphery, as well as building up a large body of well-armed reservists. However it raised concerns about the proliferation of weapons amongst the populace, especially in cities.
It was during Squarn-Turk's tenure as Commanding General that First Lord Michael Cameron issued the Council Edict of 2650, which reduced the military each member state and territorial state was allowed to maintain below those levels agreed at the founding of the Star League, with SLDF inspectors being responsible for confirming the reductions had taken place. It was also during Squarn-Turk's tenure that units from the various Houses were allowed to enter the Martial Olympiad, beginning in 2676, although no House unit ever won an Olympiad.
Titles and Positions
|Commander-in-Chief of the Star League Defense Force
2646 – 2680
| Succeeded by|
- The Star League, p. 106
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 29, "Timeline of the Star League"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 33, "The Commanding Generals"