- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
Koji Icho (b. ???? - d. ????) was a member of the Star League Defense Force during the latter years of the Star League era. By 2766 Icho had reached the rank of Colonel and was serving as the manager of the Space Traffic Control (STC) on the Terran Hegemony world of Carver V.
Icho was running the STC on the 27th of December 2766 when Rim Worlds Republic forces on Carver V under the command of General Noriko Milton-Davis began their part in Operation APOTHEOSIS, Stefan Amaris' coup to assume control of the Hegemony following the assassination of First Lord Richard Cameron II. The Republicans destroyed the planetary HPG facility before attempting to launch their fighters stationed at the main SLDF base on Carver V, Quantico, as well as other bases dotted around various islands across the planet.
When the remote squadrons began launching on sub-orbital ballistic trajectories that would take them towards Quantico as the Republican forces on Quantico began filing last-minute training flight requests, alerts went off in the STC; Icho responded by immediately ordering that the Republican AeroSpace Fighters on Quantico be grounded, while scrambling the SLDF fighter squadrons. Icho also sent an alert to General Saul van der Kolk, the senior SLDF officer on Carver V; the measures taken by Icho proved critical to the defense of Quantico, allowing the local Cavalry, Armored, AeroSpace and Naval Regiments and training personnel to destroy most of the Republican fighters at Quantico on the ground, as well as launching enough fighters to destroy or block almost all of the Republican forces inbound from elsewhere. Unbeknownst to Icho at the time, the inbound fighters were carrying nukes, only four of which ended up managing to hit their targets, of which none of which inflicted serious damage on the SLDF facilities at Quantico.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 82, "The Marines Of Carver V"