Kooken's Pleasure Pit
(References to Kookens Pleasure Pit)
|Kooken's Pleasure Pit|
|Recharge time||186 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|Kooken's Pleasure Pit|
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30Β°C (Arid)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3055|
|Ruler|| Duke K. C. Meyers (3025)|
Duke Abelard Meyers (3055)
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Sherri Dun) (3025)|
- 1 Owner History
- 2 Planetary Info
- 3 Planetary History
- 4 Jade Falcon Incursion
- 5 Companies
- 6 Planetary Garrison
- 7 Nearby Systems
- 8 Notes
- 9 References
- 10 Bibliography
- 2341 - No record 
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Arc Royal Defense Cordon 
- 3063 - Arc Royal Defense Cordon 
- 3067 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3075 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3079 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3130 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon 
Kooken's Pleasure Pit is a world with a robust rest and relaxation industry. The planet was noted for entertainment industries and pleasant climate, but having poor mineral wealth.
The Planet was settled during the Star League era The planet gained its present name from name of a infamous novel written by native Michael Kooken. Kooken's book was a tale of his mis-adventures & numerous bedding of women. The book became so popular, that the planet was renamed for his famous mansion described in the novel.
Creation of the Pleasure Industries
In 3005, Archon Alessandro Steiner fostered what became euphemistically known as "pleasure industries" in an attempt to break the back of the Malthus organize crime syndicate that operated out of Dustball. Many in his own government protested the plan. However, the Archon felt that if the industries could not be stamped out, it would at least be as well that they were not in the hands of organized crime.
The establishment of the pleasure industry, including legalized -- albeit extremely strictly regulated -- prostitution, fostered a boom in tourism for the planet. The industries are strictly controlled by the Lyran government, and age-of-consent, health, wage and working condition laws were heavily enforced. The industries were also restricted to special zones on the planet. Most other areas on the planet not connected with these zones were officially declared out-of-bounds to off-world tourists. 
The planet has also gained a reputation as a producer of holo-entertainment, ranging from romance and other mainstream entertainment films to pornography, mostly through the large vid-concern Holo Entertainments from Kooken. 
As of 3025, it was unclear how much of an impact that the heavily-regulated legalization on Kooken's had on the Malthus family, with some commenting that the organized crime syndicate was too large and too well-entrenched for even House Steiner to pose any credible competition in Malthus' chosen businesses. 
The Clan Invasion Era
The Clan Invasion and the Truce of Tukayyid, Kooken's Pleasure Pit became a favorite destination for soldiers on Rest & Relaxation. The Commonwealth had established logistic & training base on the planet. The planet had suddenly founded itself on the border with the Clans, frontline military units were then stationed on the planet. Soldiers whom had been station there, returned to the planet after retirement and settled their families there. The planet's defense forces were built up to include BattleMechs among its Militia forces.
The Red Corsair Raid
In February of 3055, the mysterious pirate band The Corsairs attacked the Planet. Lead by a woman claiming to be the Red Corsair, her regiment sized force challenged and caused heavy damage to the battalion of Robinson Rangers & Grave Walkers that were defending the planet. The Kookenβs Reserve Militia lead by Kommandant Nelson Geist tried to stall for time as the Rangers & Walkers attempted to reach the battle. The fierce fighting, ended in the Militia's defeat. It was suspected that the survivors were taken as slaves after pirate took their booty and left the planet.
Jade Falcon Incursion
During the rage of the FedCom Civil War, Clan Jade Falcon conducted an Incursion in 3064. Khan Marthe Pryde and her Turkina Keshik & 3rd Falcon Swoop conducted a Trial of Possession for the planet against its Lyran mercenary defenders, the Grave Walkers. Within a hours worth of fighting, the mercenaries had lost battalion worth of troops to Falcons. Despite their experienced being stationed on border and surviving being destroyed by them in initial clan invasion of 3052, its commander Colonel Akru Kirah conceded that he would not be able to hold the planet. The Colonel fought & won personal trial of possession for right of invoking hegira leaving the planet in the hands of the Falcons.
Used referring Handbooks: House Steiner & Major Periphery States to confirm when planet & its neighbors in Nearby Systems came into existence.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 172, "Kooken's Pleasure Pit Atlas"
- Operational Turning Points: Red Corsair, p. 4, Kooken's Pleasure Pit
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth at their Founding  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Alliance after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Commonwealth Deployment Map "
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, pp. 25, 35 - Maps of Lyran Commonwealth 2571 & 2822 - Kooken's Pleasure Pit does not exist after Age of War, but does after 1st Succession War.
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25 - Rim Worlds Republic & Lyran Commonwealth Steller Map of 2750 - Kooken's Pleasure Pit present on map as of 2750.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 174 - Kooken's Pleasure Pit - Planet profile as of 3025 and origin of planet's name.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 174 - Kooken's Pleasure Pit - Alessandro's plan to ramp up the planet's pleasure industry noted 20 year from publishing of the house book. House book canon game year is 3025.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 174 - Kooken's Pleasure Pit - "Those who are not actively associated with the pleasure industries can live elsewhere on Kooken's, places where the strict laws forbid visits by over-hormoned tourists."
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 131 - Public Media -
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 174 - Kooken's Pleasure Pit -
- Operational Turning Points: Red Corsair, pp. 8, 19-20 - Information on the Battle with Red Corsairs on Kooken's Pleasure Pit.
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), pp. 115-116 - Falcon Incursion - Jade Falcons take Kooken's Pleasure Pit from Lyrans.
- Masters & Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 129 - Brian Pryde - Loremaster Pryde plays at remains of the casinos on Kooken's Pleasure Pit.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 131 "Culture and the Arts - Public Media - Holo Entertainments from Kooken"
- Objective Raids, p. 55 - "Note ofUnit"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Field Report: LAAF
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Operational Turning Points: Red Corsair