(References to Korramabad)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 372.46 Y: 367.03 [e]
- - The Planetary Garrison are equipped solely with Succession Wars-era technology.
- 1 medium armor battalion
- 1 mechanised SMG infantry battalion
- - The Revolutionaries are equipped solely with Succession Wars-era technology.
- - At this point in time the 2nd An Ting Legion were deployed across, Gravenhage, Hartshill and Korramabad. The 2nd was at 70% of full strength, with 90% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3130 - Draconis Combine 
- 3135 - Draconis Combine 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
Throughout much of 3055 Korramabad found itself locked in the midst of a revolutionary conflict. While the planet was ruled by Duke Taikara Imushiu, a staunch supporter of Coordinator Takashi Kurita and a conservative traditionalist, a Combine Knight named Timothy Bentlen had launched a revolution to unseat Duke Imushiu. Bentlen was a supporter of Theodore Kurita and his attempted reforms, and the revolution was in part due to the cruelty displayed towards the native population by the Duke since he came to power.
A native of Korramabad, Bentlen intended to install Theodore Kurita's reforms on his homeworld, but lacked the military strength to overthrow the Duke, and had been forced to hire mercenary forces to boost his numbers, something he resented. Complicating the conflict further was the presence of Vance Rezak's Band of the Damned, which had launched repeated raids on both factions, drawn by the industrial grade diamonds produced on the world. While Bentlen has been able to hire mercenary units through his contacts at the court on Luthien, the revolutionary forces he commands have been stymied several times by a lack of effective communication, command and control, resulting in several battles going against them despite numbers initially favouring them.
In mid-December 3077 a large cell from the Black Dragon Society used the example set by similar cell on Qandahar to rise up on Korramabad, bouyed by the government of nearby Slaithwaite declaring openly for the Kokuryu-kai. The cell on Korramabad wasn't alone in rising up; similar cells made identical moves in December, rising up on the worlds of Ad Duwayd, Kamarod, Nowhere and Pusht-i-rud. As a result, the ISF and the Draconis Combine government implemented a travel ban on the 27th of December intended to bar any traffic that wasn't either governmental or military from entering the Qandahar Prefecture or landing on any of the disputed worlds.
Where the cell on Korramabad differed from the others was in their reaction to the Azami minority population; the Society cell called for all Azami to be deported from Korramabad. At the time, the Azami population of Korramabad numbered some two million people, largely located on the Herkilon continent. In addition to demanding that the Azami be deported by the end of 3077, the Black Dragon Society also revoked all of the Azami population's Combine citizenships.
The ISF struck at the Black Dragon Society cell on Korramabad, decapitating the leaders, but despite the ISF operation the Society executed more than 450,000 captive Azami on the last day of December. Footage from Korramabad was distributed by the Drake news agency, with video footage cropping up as far away as New Samarkand; it showed forces evidently acting under orders from Premier Otogawa, with heavy bombers dropping incendiary devices on an internment camp populated by Azami, followed by APCs gunning down anyone inside the camp who survived the firebombing.
When Coordinator Hohiro Kurita learned of the massacre on Korramabad in early January he reacted by immediately deploying the 2nd An Ting Legion with orders to put down the uprising. The Azami Brotherhood learned of the deaths on the 27th of January 3078 and also dispatched troops to Korramabad; the 2nd An Ting Legion implemented martial law on Korramabad in late February, and by late March the Legion had managed to restore order and arrest the remaining Black Dragon Society leadership after another wave of assassinations. The 1st Arkab Legion arrived on the 30th of March, just 3 days after the last action by the 2nd An Ting. The Arkab Legion proceeded to work with the 2nd An Ting and the 10th Pesht Regulars on launching a campaign to topple the Black Dragon Society government on Slaithwaite.
Korramabad has a punishingly hot climate and is dominated by open plains and sandy deserts; only the hardiest souls can tolerate living on the planet. The bulk of the planetary population lives on the southern continent, which is encircled by a ring of high mountains threaded throughout by deep gorges and narrow passes, making the continent slightly cooler than the other continents.
| Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years) |
Closest planets first:
- Hot Spots Contracts, p. 46, "Contract DC 56601-002-3 Behind The Scenes"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 18, "Regimental Status"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Hot Spots Contracts, p. 28, "Pesht Military District Contract DC 56601-002-2"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 81, "Threat Level High"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 55, "Black Dragons Carry Out Threats"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 69, "Black Dragons Contained"