|Manufacturer||CSF Poseidon Mobile Production Facility|
|Chassis||Type 2 Standard Endo Steel|
|Armor||Forging ZM7 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Type II 175 XL|
|Jump Jets||GrandThrust Mk I|
Based on the Mist Lynx OmniMech, the Koshi was inspired by the success of the Clan Diamond Shark’s Black Hawk design. In essence a simplified, non-Omni version of the older 'Mech, the Koshi was designed primarily for sale to Inner Sphere customers, a decision that did not sit well with many more conservative members of the Clan. Political fighting delayed the deployment of the BattleMech until 3093, however, once it was introduced, the 'Mech proved to be a success. Purchased by all major powers of the Inner Sphere, as well as some minor ones, the Koshi is particularly popular with the Capellan Confederation and Republic of the Sphere militaries.
To reduce costs, the Diamond Sharks chose to use entirely off-the-shelf components, including Inner Sphere-produced electronics. However, these decisions did not hamper the 'Mech’s performance. Like its progenitor, the Koshi is built on a lightweight Endo Steel chassis to save weight and is powered by a 175 XL engine that gives the 'Mech a top speed of 118.8 km/h. Similarly, the Koshi also has six Jump Jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters..
The Koshi’s armament is rather simple and straightforward, consisting of a quartet of arm-mounted SRM-4 launchers, supplied by three tons of ammunition. A head-mounted Active Probe, another legacy of its progenitor, allows the 'Mech to act as a scout and flush out hidden foes. Finally, a Light TAG allows it to act as a spotter for guided artillery and indirect fire.
- Koshi 2 – Removing all the missile launchers as well as the Active Probe, the Koshi 2 mounts a pair of Streak SRM-6 launchers, each fed by a ton of ammunition. The Light TAG is retained. BV (1.0) = 982, BV (2.0) = ??.
 Unique Variants
- SF2055-14B – Piloted by MechWarrior Flavio Rodruigez, this House Liao improvised and refurnished design was built from scrapped 'Mechs and parts sold to them by Clan Sea Fox. The 'Mech carries three Heavy Small Lasers in each arm. BV (2.0) = ???
 Related BattleMechs
- Mist Lynx - The Mist Lynx Omnimech was used by the Diamond Sharks as the basis of the design for the Koshi.
- ↑ Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 38
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dark Age Turning Points: Liao, p. 24
- ↑ Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 39
- ↑ Flavio Rodiguez dossier's Koshi fluff.