Kouki no Otakebi
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Kouki no Otakebi|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
The Kouki no Otakebi mercenary unit was formed from the remnants of several DCMS units that had been destroyed in the Jihad, including the 16th Legion of Vega, Ryuken-go and 3rd Dieron Regulars. They were considered a "relatively new" mercenary unit as of 3079 (though the aforementioned units had all been destroyed in 3072 or earlier).
Being composed entirely of former DCMS personnell, the Draconis Combine tacitly approved the unit's hiring by Luthien Armor Works. By 3079, they were garrisoning LAW assets along the Outworlds Alliance border.
During the Second Combine-Dominion War, the Kouki no Otakebi had grown to battalion strength, and were still on Mailen. The Rasalhague Dominion's Fourth Kavalleri Cluster landed on Meilen on 17 September 3099 to take the planet. The Kouki no Otakebi waged a guerrilla campaign, but on 30 September their concentrated forces were overwhelmed following an initially successful but ultimately ill-fated attack on the spaceport garrison, when their DropShips were still approaching from their hiding spot behind the moon. They surrendered, but the Fourth Kavalleri then executed their officers by firing squad.
As of 31 December 3145, the Kouki no Otakebi were a battalion-sized force again, at 75% nominal strength and with an overall rating of "C". Still employed by the Draconis Combine, they were stationed on Outer Volta.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 31
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 20
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 120
- Field Manual: 3085, map page ii (between pp. 120 and 121)
- Field Manual: 3085, p.160 Notable Mercenary Units
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182