LB 10-X AC
|LB 10-X AC|
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Year Introduced||Clan = 2828 CW|
|Year Extinction||IS = 2840|
|Year Reintroduced||IS = 3035 FC|
|Heat|| Clan = 2
IS = 2
|Damage|| Clan = 10 (slug) 1/pellet (cluster)
IS = 10 (slug)
|Minimum Range|| Clan = 0
IS = 0
|Short Range|| Clan = 1-6
IS = 1-6
|Medium Range|| Clan = 7-12
IS = 7-12
|Long Range|| Clan = 13-18
IS = 13-18
|Tons|| Clan = 10
IS = 11
|Critical Slots|| Clan = 5
IS = 6
|Ammo Per Ton|| Clan = 10
IS = 10
|Cost (unloaded)|| Clan = 400,000
IS = 400,000
|Ammo Cost (per ton)|| Clan = 12,000 (slug), 20,000 (cluster)
IS = 12,000 (slug), 20,000 (cluster)
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 148|
Introduced in 2595 by the Terran Hegemony. The LB 10-X Autocannon is essentially a 'Mech-mounted shotgun, capable of firing special "cluster rounds" that split apart after being fired, allowing the weapon to either spread damage out or focus damage on a small area, depending on the range. LB-X Autocannons are able to use either the special cluster rounds or standard autocannon rounds. The LB 10-X Autocannon, having a higher caliber, causes higher damage than lower-caliber autocannons, though it is limited to medium ranges.
The LB 10-X AC is manufactured on the following planets:
- The Federated Commonwealth employed an experimental version of the LB 10-X during the War of 3039, giving it to certain elite units for field testing. While similar to standard models, these prototypes required an additional critical slot, were slightly less accurate, and could jam in certain cases.
- LB 10-X-P
- In development prior to the Reunification War, the LB 10-X-P was a prototype pushed into service with the Star League Defense Force in time for the closing years of the campaigns in the Rim Worlds Republic and Taurian Concordat. The LB 10-X-P was functionally identical to the LB 10-X, with the exceptions of requiring 1 additional critical slot, suffering a -1 modifier to the cluster hits roll when using cluster munitions, and jamming in a fashion identical to that of the Ultra Autocannon class of weapons on a to-hit roll of 2.
The LB 10-X Autocannon has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- Tech Manual, p. 290, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- Second Succession War, p. 102, "Weapons and Equipment Extinction Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 88, "Upgraded Technologies Table"
- TechManual, p. 343, "Clan Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 207, "Autocannon - LB-X Autocannon"
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 8, "LB 10-X Autocannon"
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 215-216, "LB-X Autocannon"
- Starterbook: Sword And Dragon, p. 22, "HCT-3F Hatchetman Austin"
- Starterbook: Sword And Dragon, p. 38, "HTM-27T Hatamoti-Chi Daniel"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 145
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 180, "LB 10-X (LB 10-X-P)"