|Speed||54 kph km/h|
The AC/2 Carrier is a tracked generic fire support vehicle introduced during the Age of War as part of the family of Weapons carrier vehicles. The original vehicle utilized Primitive Technology, which made it a much heavier and more labor-intensive design. However, it was updated over the centuries and served well beyond the Succession Wars.
Weapons and Equipment
The vehicle's only weapons are five Class 2 Auto Cannons which are fixed forward. The vehicle carries a hundred and eighty rounds of ammunition for these weapons. The vehicle is protected by three tons of standard armor.
Its 180 rated internal combustion engine allows the vehicle to move at a maximum speed of 54 kph.
- First produced in 3062 in time for the FedCom Civil War, this vehicle is a revised variation of the original design. The vehicle's ICE engine was replaced with a Fusion Engine. Its armor protection was doubled and evenly distributed between its flanks. Intended for the anti-aircraft role as well as fire support, it has been fitted with a C3 Slave Computer. The vehicle's original weapons were replaced by five fix-forward LB-X 2 Class Autocannons with two ammunition bins. Each ammo bin contains 90 rounds for solid rounds and cluster shots. BV (2.0) = 536
- Introduced in 2520, this Age of War design that inspired its successors. It had three tons of BAR 6 armor to provide protection. The vehicle was built with Primitive Technology, which is would be similar to methods used build modern Support Vehicles with Equipment Rating of D/C-X-X/E. It mounted Advanced Fire Control systems to guide the four AC/2 autocannons mounted on the vehicle's front side. Two tons of ammunition is carried in the body. BV (2.0)=351
The AC/2 Carrier has never been profiled before, however it has been mistaken for the Pike due to their size, speed and similar armaments. It is also not clear as of this writing if the AC/2 Carrier is related to the LRM and Laser carriers from 3039 and earlier publications.
- MUL online date for the AC/2 Carrier
- Record Sheets: 3025 & 3026 old BV listed
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 41, "BV for AC/2 Carrier from revised record sheet".
- XTRO: Primitives, 2, p. 12 - AC/2 Carrier among the early primitive Weapons Carrier vehicles.
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unbridged (Inner Sphere), p. 131 AC/2 Carrier (LB-X) - Latest BV and stats for variant.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 12
- MUL Profile for the A/C Carrier (Primitive) - Into year and battle value 2