LTV-4 Hover Tank
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|LTV-4 Hover Tank|
|Armor||Standard Armor (Prototype)|
The vehicle simply known as the "Hover Tank" was originally developed by Lucas Technologies as bid to gain a military contract Terran Hegemony's Armed forces. After years of development and proposals, the result their efforts would be the LTV-4 Hover Tank in 2464. The LTV series was the response as part of an effort to counter proliferation of BattleMech technologies stolen from the Hegemony. The vehicle was designed to swarm these early BattleMechs in groups and use their combined firepower to hold them until other forces could close and eliminate them. With some resistance from HAF Leadership, CEO Harrison Lucas focused his company's efforts into making a more compelling design. Results of the LTV-4's lighter, but stronger armor would ultimately herald a new age in armored combat and make Lucas a very rich man.
The LTV-4 would enter mass-production first through Lucus Technologies and later with General Mechanics. First in service with the Terran Hegemony and it would be later be licensed during the Star League era to its fellow member-states. The design would simply be known as "Hover Tank" over the centuries, staying in service in one form or another through the Succession Wars.
Weapons and Equipment
LTV-4's main gun is its Particle Projector Cannon mounted in the turret. A single 4-tube Short Range Missile launcher is added to the turret as secondary weapon.
Powered by a 115 rated Internal Combustion Engine, the craft can achieve respectable speed of 110 kph. Crowning achievement of design its prototype Standard-Grade Armor, 5.5 tons material encases the vehicle's hull.
When the vehicle was first introduced, the vehicle's image was never made of it due to its generic nature. The image used for the LTV-4 belongs to the Scimitar Hover Tank. The LTV-4 is not related to this vehicle.
As of this writing, there are no stats for LTV-2 variant of the Hover Tank.
It was confirmed by the Line Developers that LVT-4 and Hovertank in Record Sheets vol. 5. are one and same vehicle.
|“||The LVT-4's origins was in fact with the Hovertank in the old Record Sheets vol. 5. Just with some updating to keep in line with the current ruleset.Christoffer “Bones” Trossen, BattleTech Writer, 12 July 2013||”|
The vehicle features the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for the LTV-4 Hover Tank
- BattleTech Record Sheets Volume Five: Vehicle, Hover Tank - old BV1.
- MUL Profile for LTV-4 with its BV2
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 11 - LTV-4 Background information.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 11, 25 - LTV-4 Stats.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 11 - Early LTV-2 Variant noted, with only a few details.