Large X-Pulse Laser
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Large X-Pulse Laser|
|Type||Energy (Direct Fire)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
X-Pulse Lasers were an attempt, started in 3055, by Federated Commonwealth technicians to increase the range of pulse lasers The research endeavor was hampered by the FedCom Civil War, though prototypes existed at the time that had fired faster and with more power than current Inner Sphere pulse lasers. By the time of the Jihad, X-Pulse Lasers were undergoing pre-production testing and presumably fell into the hands of the Word of Blake. By 3075, the technology had not yet been made widely available but had started to hit the markets by 3078.
X-Pulse Lasers are not a new weapon per se, but an upgrade that is separately added to the weapon for an additional cost. X-Pulse lasers also build up tremendous heat but this has been considered by technicians a necessary drawback. Large X-Pulse Lasers are the biggest and deadliest of the X-Pulse Lasers and though they build massive amounts of extra heat, they boast the same range as a standard Large Laser.
The Kuritan design of the Large X-Pulse Lasers is accredited to Buda Weapons Chief Researcher Hideoshi Yamika in 3073. In that year, he smuggled at least three prototypes and his team to Luthien to battlefield-test the weapons. In March 3074, he and his prototypes were captured by the Word of Blake.
The Large X-Pulse Laser has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- Tactical Operations, p. 321, "X-Pulse Lasers"
- Tactical Operations, pp. 408-409, "Heavy Weapons and Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 382, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table [Addendum]"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 207, "Jihad Technology Advancement Table"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, pp. 10-11, "Light Machine"