Laser Microphone (Battle Armor)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Laser Microphones allow battle armor troopers the ability to eavesdrop on conversations. The microphone fires a focused infrared beam, which is capable measuring the vibrations from within an enclosed space when fired at a reflective surface, such as plate glass windows. These vibrations are then analyzed and translated by a special computer. The microphone has a range of one kilometer, though weather conditions may reduce this greatly, and is most often used by Inner Sphere intelligence forces, though the Clans make (rare) use of it as well.
- TechManual, p. 258, "Laser Microphone"