Laser Reflective Armor
Originally an Experimental Technology, the Laser Reflective Armor was first created by the Lyran Alliance in 3058, and used in 3061 by Clan Jade Falcon. Also known as Glazed or Reflec armor, the first batch of Laser Reflective Armor was created by accident on a Ferro-Fibrous armor production line. Laser Reflective Armor dissipates energy weapon attacks 50% more efficiently than other armor types, reducing the amount of damage taken by the 'Mech mounting it. Despite the name, Laser Reflective Armor is effective against all energy weapons, not just lasers. PPCs, Flamers, and Plasma Rifles and Cannons are all less effective against it.
Though the armor functions like standard armor against ballistic weapon attacks, it is very brittle. Whenever a 'Mech is physically attacked, falls, or crashes through a building, the armor is half as effective as standard or Ferro-Fibrous armor. This weakness has also been observed in artillery attacks. In addition, Armor-Piercing autocannon ammunition, Tandem-Charge missiles, and BattleMech Tasers all have a better chance of penetrating the armor and causing critical damage.
Like the Ferro-Fibrous armor it's based on, Laser Reflective Armor is bulkier than standard armor. In game terms it provides the standard protection per ton, and takes up ten critical slots on a 'Mech. The total damage taken by the armor from energy weapon attacks is rounded down.
Laser Reflective Armor is manufactured on the following planets:
- Tactical Operations, p. 281, "Lasr Reflective Armor"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 206, "Jihad Technology Advancement Table"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 130, "CPR-HD-003 Copperhead"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 158, "SP1-X Spatha"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Mercenaries, p. 3, "WLF-2X Wolfhound"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Mercenaries, p. 6, "ANH-2AX Annihilator"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks, p. 5, "SDT-1 Spindrift"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 170, "WKT-1S Wildkatze"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 3, "LGN-2X1 Legionnaire MUSE FIRE"
- Technical Readout 3145: Federated Suns, p. 34, "BZK-D1 Hollander III"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, pp. 50-51, "RDL-01C Rondel"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, pp. 52-53, "CUT-01D Cutlass"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 52-53, "SMG-0 Simurgh"