Lexington Combat Group
|Lexington Combat Group|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Major General Malcolm Feinman|
Formed from SLDF troops who declined to join the Exodus, the three brigades of the Lexington Combat Group opted to keep their traditions alive as a mercenaries. Increasingly tied to the Federated Suns, the merged LCG officially became part of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns as the 4th Ceti Hussars in the midst of the Jihad.
Founded by nine close friends (all graduates of the Lexington Military Academy on Terra) who chose to remain in the Inner Sphere rather than accompany Kerensky’s Exodus. They gathered other Regular Army troops who also stayed behind on Bryant before striking out as mercenaries.
Since their formation the LCG has worked for each of the Successor States but the bulk of its service has been with the Federated Suns. While rough patches were encountered, the LCG had always returned to Davion service and was employed continuously by House Davion since the 2950's.
These ties became almost permanent when the mercenaries encountered heavy financial difficulties in 3040s ensuring they fully upgraded their forces with recovered Star League technologies, eventually signing a 70 year contract with the AFFS High Command to repay the debt. While triggering rumors of a Company Store attempt, the LCG's personnel willingly agreed to the deal and even liked being virtually equal to AFFS line units as they became a vital part of the Capellan March defense network. 
However, like so many other mercenary units in the Federated Suns, the LCG suffered grievous losses during both the FedCom Civil War and the Jihad, with its regiments seeing action during Duke George Hasek's Operation Sovereign Justice and the Capellan's Operation Thunderstrike counterstrike.
Relying almost completely upon the AFFS Department of the Quartermaster for resupply, the LCG discovered that being virtually a line unit was meaningless in the desperate days of the Jihad, with supplies earmarked for them consistently reassigned by the Capellan March command to regular AFFS units. Not receiving enough material to even achieve basic maintenance levels, Marshal of the Armies Jonathan Davion recognized the critical situation represented by the loss of the LCG as a viable combat unit to the Federated Suns and personally met to negotiate for the mercenaries to join the AFFS as part of the Ceti Hussars, a brigade noted for its absorption of ex-SLDF units and combined armed focus shared by the LCG. The LCG agreed in Janurary 3076, merging to become the fully-formed and combat ready Fourth Ceti Hussars. 
- 32nd Recon Combat Group - Malcom's Sprinters
- 241st Battle Combat Group - Frederic's Gazelles
- 180th Dragoon Combat Group - Marie's Golden Hammers
- Each of the LCG’s three combat brigades includes a BattleMech regiment teamed up with an aerospace wing, a combined armor/mechanized infantry force composed of two heavy armor battalions and two mechanized infantry battalions, and abundant integrated DropShip and support assets. 
- To ensure fair promotion and leadership of the LCG, as well as to prevent nepotism, the unit has three separate councils - one of senior officers, one of mid-level officers and one of NCOs and recruits - who meet to approve every significant promotion within the Group. 
Colors and Unit Insignia
- The LCG’s insignia is a diagonal black stripe over white on a red shield, overlaid with a horizontal saber. The LCG employ a red paint scheme, with a black stripe down the left torso and leg on 'Mechs, and across the left side of vehicles and fighter craft. 
- Mercenary Supplemental, p. 46
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 47
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 137 (pdf version), "New Syrtis PDZ"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 134, "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 13, "Operation RAT"