- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
The Liao Guards were the original army for the Republic of Liao. Growing from their roots as two armor and infantry regiments, over time the Guards became a parade unit. By the time Warex Liao was named Chancellor the Liao Guards were useless from a military perspective, with their equipment's missile launchers replaced by fireworks launchers. During an inspection of the Liao Guards, criminals attempted to kidnap the Chancellor's cousin. The local police force captured the culprits while officers and troops of the Liao Guard hid in cover.
Chancellor Warex Liao relieved all the Liao Guards officers and sent the Liao Guards units on an eight year tour of the Periphery. This eliminated pirates along the Confederation's border and allowed the Guards to survive their grueling training regimen. After eight years, most of the incompetents were gone, and the Guards regiments were significantly more skilled.
First Succession War
The Liao Guards sold themselves dearly in the First Succession War. Stationed in the Sarna Commonality they faced off against the Free Worlds League Military and fought them to a standstill. Eventually the FWLM used nuclear weapons to destroy the Liao Guards.
The Liao Guards brigade was reformed sometime between 3113 and 3134 as one of the Hidden Lion brigades resurrected by Chancellor Daoshen Liao using stockpiled equipment. The new Liao Guards used the Augmented Regiment formations commonly found in the CCAF by 3145. They were the front-line regiments of the Tikonov Commonality.
Operation GREAT FLOOD
Their brigade participated in Operation GREAT FLOOD, securing rear areas for the more experienced CCAF front line forces. They were more than a show unit, however, as each Guards unit had to deal with local insurrections of pro-Republic and anti-Liao forces.
Operation CELESTIAL REWARD
All military forces inside a Commonality are commanded by a Line Director and a Home Guard Director. The Line Director is also responsible for the readiness, supply, training and personnel needs of all front-line and reserve regiments based in the Commonality, even if they are assigned to another Commonality temporarily. 
- Jiang-jun Samitra Yuen was the Home Guard Director of the Tikonov Commonality.
The Liao Guards are experienced in pacification duties.
Units of the Liao Guards
|First Liao Guards||active ||active |
|Second Liao Guards||active ||active |
|Third Liao Guards||active ||active |
|Fourth Liao Guards||active ||active |
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
A rearing horse superimposed over an inverted green triangle with a banner underneath stating "Nemo Me Impune Lacessit".
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 11, "Liao Guards"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 35
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 27, "General Review"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "THE NEW OLD-FASHIONED WAY"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 25, "Rise of the Jiang-jun"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 46, "Tikonov Commonality"