- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
- BattleTech: Urban Warfare Confirmed For June 4th Release
- Read more →
Installed aboard many DropShips, JumpShips or WarShips, the Life Boat allows crew and passengers to exit such larger vessels in case of an emergency. The main difference between the pod and the slightly smaller Escape Pod is role, the Life Boat lacks maneuvering thrusters and is structurally incapable of planetary re-entry, intended to be picked up by other space craft.
The boat's food supplies are designed to last 16 days, with the life-support system able to keep the six passengers alive for approximately 30 days. The craft's batteries are kept charged by a small energy-collection sail, this allows the distress beacon to broadcast indefinitely as well as increasing the size of the Life Boat's radar signature to aid detection by rescue craft.
The original TRO: 3057 accidentally swapped the name and art between the life boat and escape pod, where the revised edition corrected this by leaving the names and art alone and swapping the text/fluff to match.
- DropShips and JumpShips, p. 67
- Technical Readout: 3057, p. 169
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 166