Light Machine Gun
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
- This article is about BattleMech and Vehicle Mounted Model. For Battle Armor Mounted Model and infantry Portable model, see Machine Gun, Light (Battle Armor) and Machine Gun (Semi-Portable)(Support Weapon).
|Light Machine Gun|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (IS)/Clan|
|Year Availability||IS = 3068 (CC)|
|Tons|| IS = 0.5
Clan = 0.25
|Ammo Per Ton||200|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||500|
|BV (1.0)|| IS = N/A
Clan = 5
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 5|
The creation of the Light Machine Gun was one of Clan Smoke Jaguar's last acts before they were all but destroyed by the Inner Sphere. It was originally intended as a weapon for ProtoMechs, but it soon made its way onto heavier units. The Capellan Confederation was able to effectively duplicate this design in time for Operation Sovereign Justice.
The Light Machine Gun is manufactured on the following planets:
|Bulldog||Proserpina||Bulldog Enterprises||???|||
|Series 2c||Irece||Barcella Beta||???|||
|GM Ultralight (Clantech)||Augusta||Corean Enterprises||UCU-F4 Scarecrow|||
- TechManual, p. 228, "Light Machine Gun"
- TechManual, p. 290, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment - Table"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, pp. 34-35, "UCU-F4 Scarecrow"