Light Mass Driver
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Light Mass Driver|
|Type||Capital Ballistic (Direct Fire)|
|Damage|| 60 (Capital) |
|Ammo Per Ton||1/30 (1 shot weighs 30 tons)|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||150,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 7,056 |
The Light Mass Driver (LMD) is a Space-borne device that propels object at high velocities. The LMD is the smallest version of the Mass Driver that were developed. Originally conceived as a means to convey cargo to orbit without expensive fuel, later various powers experimented using it as Capital Weapon System for anti-ship and planetary bombardment.
The device fires a 30 ton 'Mech sized slug at its target. Due to the sheer size of the weapon, it can only be mounted in a WarShip or Space Station that masses at least 750,000 tons. This means only Cruisers and Battleships could mount the Light Mass Driver. In addition, only one Mass Driver could be mounted on a WarShip.
- Tactical Operations, p. 409, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 323, "Mass Diver"
- Tactical Operations, p. 408, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Inner Sphere Cabital Scale Weapons And Equipment BV Table"