The Light Mortar is a type of smooth-bore indirect fire artillery light enough to be carried by infantry. It fires a finned shell, which is propelled into the air on an arching trajectory by a small charge ignited by a firing pin inside the mortar. Light mortars are operated by a crew of two, a gunner and a loader, and fire a variety of 80mm shells such as anti-personnel, flares, gas and stun. While their light weight makes them easier to transport, they use much smaller ordnance compared to Heavy Mortars, and because of their method of firing they suffer from having a minimum range.
- Item:Mortar, Light
- Equipment Rating: B/A-A-A/D
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: (D)
- Range: 40/100/250/565 meters
- Shots: 1
- Cost/Reload: 1400/*
- Affiliation: -
- Mass/Reload: 50kg/2kg
- Notes: Crew: 2; Indirect Fire; Minimum Range: 40**
- Lostech, pp. 40-41, "Mortars - Light Mortar"
- A Time of War, p. 273, "Grenade Launchers And Mortars"
- A Time of War, pp. 282-284, "Ordnance Tables"