Lone Star Regiment
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|Lone Star Regiment: The Spirit of the Star|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Colonel Meschach Granger|
The Lone Star Regiment was formed in 2825 on the planet Somerset from former Star League Defense Force and Rim Worlds military personnel, as well as surviving units from a Lyran Commonwealth attack on the Draconis Combine. After 200 years of service the Lone Star Regiment ended their service to the Draconis Combine in response to the Coordinator's "Death to Mercenaries" order. For the next 20 years the regiment clashed with raiders from the Capellan Confederation while under the employ of the Federated Suns.
Starting in 3050 the Lone Star Regiment was employed by the Taurian Defense Force; it was during this period that they battled the Redfield Renegades. While the unit sustained significant losses as a result of this conflict they also gained control of an additional DropShip.
In 3067 distrust amongst the unit regarding the existing commanding officer resulted in him being replaced with the son of a previous unit commander. Acting in the employ of the Word of Blake, the Lone Star Regiment supported operations on Epsilon Eridani. While battling another mercenary unit on Epsilon Eridani, Redfield's Renegades, the Lone Star Regiment and the Renegades made a significant discovery; the fighting near the Shamus Mountains had unearthed an old Star League Defense Force depot hidden within the mountains. Still intact within the Depot was a functioning Colossus-class DropShip in pristine condition. Both mercenary units immediately laid claim to the DropShip, and with neither willing to compromise a grueling combat was initiated that saw both units taking heavy casualties. Ultimately, the Lone Star Regiment were the victors and recovered both the DropShip and the battlefield salvage as prizes.
Fresh with equipment upgrades and other assets from their contract with the Word of Blake, the regiment then went on to assist the Taurians in their attempt to regain control of the Pleiades Cluster.
This unit is an expert in defensive engagements.
Dragoon Rating: B+
Lone Star Regiment (Veteran/ Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Samuel Granger
- CO: Colonel Meschach Granger
- Aide: Captain Peter Fahrbach
- Ranger's Battalion /XO: Major Isaac Howard
- Dragoon's Battalion: Major Brian Lim Yen-Yang
- Light Horse Battalion: Major John LaVigne
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 88, "Lone Star Regiment Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 87, "Lone Star Regiment Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 198, "Colossus"
- Lawyers, Guns, & Money
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 134, "Deployment Table - 3025"