Long Tom Artillery Piece
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Long Tom Artillery Piece|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/Clans|
|Year Availability||Pre-Spaceflight |
|Long Range||30 Maps|
|Ammo Per Ton||5|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||10,000|
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 560 |
The Long Tom Artillery Piece is the largest conventional artillery piece designed by Armstrong Industries. It is the primary weapon of the LT-MOB-25 Mobile Long Tom Artillery vehicle, which is better known as the Mobile Long Tom.
The Long Tom is the largest Artillery piece that can be mounted on a vehicle, taking up 30 critical slots. It also has the longest range of any non Cruise Missile type weapon. It deals the highest damage of conventional tube artillery, at 30 damage with direct impact using conventional ammunition.
The Long Tom artillery's ammunition options include Smoke, Anti-Personnel, Illumination, Incendiary, Copperhead, Flechette, Thunder/FASCAM, Cluster, and High Explosive Rounds (High Explosive rounds considered the "Standard" rounds for tube artilery).
The Artillery Piece is manufactured on the following planets:
|Long Tom Rifle||Bainsville||Armstrong Industries||???|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 404, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 385, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 383, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 102 "Chaparral"