Luthien (Individual Kyushu-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The Luthien was one of the four Kyushu-class frigates to undergo shakedown trials in late 3058 before entering service with the black water navy of the Draconis Combine as the DCS Luthien. The sister ships to the Luthien undergoing extensive trials at the same time were the DCS Draconis Rift, the DCS Dream of Kessel and DCS Victory at Wolcott, although the Luthien was the only Kyushu undergoing shakedown trials in the Togura system at the time.
By 3067 a number of Kyushu-class WarShips had been lost in action, but the Luthien continued to serve the Draconis Combine Admiralty; the Luthien was lost in late 3072 in the Benjamin system alongside the Inazuma-class corvettes DCS Night of Agony and DCS Swiping Claw when the Combine unsuccessfully attempted to break the Word of Blake blockade of the system.
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 15, "Aerospace Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 105, "Draconis Combine Naval Assets"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 5-6, "Safeguarding the Wounded Heart"