(References to Lyons)
Lyons neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
|Ruler|| Nancy Carter (Governor)|
Ulga Jarmann (Planetary Legate)
|Capital||Clovis' Point |
 Owner History
- 2271 - Independent World 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Era Specific Data
 Planetary Garrison
 3054 to 3061 to3067
- 31st Battalion
 Age of War
Lyons was one of the worlds that was abandoned by the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, but by the end of the Reunification War Lyons had become one of the worlds within the Lone Star Province of the Terran Hegemony.
 Succession Wars
In 2966, the Draconis Combine conducted a raid on Lyons. However, a Lyran aerospace force was hidden on Lyon's moon, Bier. Once the Kuritan forces were committed, the Steiner forces dove through the attacking force causing tremendous damage and chaos. Only one Kuritan ship escaped the attack.
In 3025, Lyons was the primary base for the 12th Star Guards, a mercenary unit with a lineage dating to the collapse of the Star League. Two regiments were based on the planet - the 3rd Regiment, commanded by Hauptmann-General Mitch DeChavilier, and the 7th Regiment, commanded by Colonel Thomas Scovy.
During the Fourth Succession War, the 12th Star Guards had moved off-world, participating in attacks on Kurita space and in 3029, the Kell Hounds mercenary unit, commanded by Colonel Morgan Kell established a base there, including the town of New Freedom. The town was home to numerous members of the underground Heimdall movement. The town was destroyed in a raid by the 3rd Dieron Regulars and most of the population was murdered by the Kuritan unit. The Kell Hounds returned to New Freedom and completely routed the Kurita forces, returning the planet to relative peace.
Lyons was captured by the Word of Blake during the Jihad. In September 3076, however, a Clan Ghost Bear/Clan Snow Raven task force liberated the world. The Clan troops in November, left shortly after liberating the world, leaving two Inner Sphere units to help rebuild.
Unfortunately tensions between the 6th Pesht Regulars and 7th Donegal Guards boiled over, and the traditional enemies fought with each other, inflicting damage on both units. Eventually General Belle Lee arrived on the world and transferred both the House units off-world. The 31st Battalion of the ComGuard Sixth Army was transferred in to replace them.
The clashes between the 7th Donegal Guards and 6th Pesht Regulars began with the Donegal Guards launching an air raid followed by an airborne infantry assault on the primary base used by the Pesht Regulars on the 12th of December 3076; the bulk of the Pesht Regulars were conducting war games on the Alterland continent, and the Donegal Guards' forces took less than an hour to capture the facility. The Pesht Regulars retaliated the next day, assaulting the Donegal Guards forces at the Federated-Boeing International DropPort, the beginning of a series of skirmishes throughout the day. Ernestine Chiery, an aide to Governor Michael Bloomsworth, confirmed later the same day that the planetary authorities had requested assistance from the allied coalition command to try and defuse the situation even as they evacuated civilians from the effected areas. General Lee and her forces arrived in early January, and by the 5th of January had stopped the fratricidal combat, removed both units from their posts and replaced them with the ComGuard forces.
 Nearby Systems
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Dromini VI||29.47||Lone Star||30.17||Dyev||30.77||Menkent||31.06||Thorin||31.28|
|Pike IV||43.68||Alula Australis||44.72||Haddings||45.78||New Earth||46.266||Alrakis||46.266|
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 217, "Lyons World Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding ["
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 177, "Lyran Alliance Deploment Table"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 21, "Cracks In The Facade"
- ↑ Field Manual: SLDF, p. 251, "SLDF - Terran Hegemony Military Command Map"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 117, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p. 19, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- ↑ Shattered Sphere, p. 47, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3025, p. 162
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Shattered Sphere
- Warrior: Coupé (novel)