- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Mówáng Class Courier|
|Use||Luxury Intra-System Transport|
|Type (Shape)||Civilian Aerodyne Small Craft|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Cost||3.5 Million C-Bills|
The Mówáng is a small luxury spacecraft designed during the early part of the First Succession War. In service for House Liao's nobility, the House of Scions decreed that the manufacturing license was open, allowing it to be built by anyone. The ship was conceived to allow House Liao Diems to enjoy the pleasures of owning their own personal spacecraft, giving them the means to convey them anywhere in their star system in comfort and privacy. Since the ship's introduction, it has seen wide use among the Capellan nobility.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Mówáng features a single first-class passenger stateroom with a pair of steerage-rated cabins for a noble's aides. The ship is noted for simplicity in manufacture, which allows it to be built at a low cost while transporting its passengers in extreme comfort.
The ship has a small cargo capacity of five and a half tons with a single cargo door accessing the space. Its hull is protected by two and a half tons of standard armor.
- Developed by the Word of Blake from several hulls donated to them by Kali Liao this variant of the craft can carry two Level Is of battle armor into combat. A smaller engine reduces the top speed to 2.5Gs but frees room in the hull. The passenger cabins were also removed. Protected by four tons of standard armor, it lacks any weapons. After the Jihad only one remained available, controlled by Captain Miles Simpson. He uses the craft in terrorist operations. The Mówáng Clandestine activates an Angel ECM Suite to jam communications, then bombs a civilian target. After deploying the battle armor, it waits to extract them or bomb responding forces. The Mówáng Clandestine has an eleven and a half ton cargo bay. BV (2.0) = 272
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 162, "Mówáng-Class Courier"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 13
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 26