M42B Rifle System
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
The Federated-Barrett M42B Rifle System is a high-tech ballistic rifle combat system produced by Federated-Barrett, a subsidiary of Federated Industries and the primary small-arms supplier for the Federated Suns. Designed to be the company's replacement for the venerable Federated Long Rifle, the M42B can be modified into three different weapons with a simple four-kilogram modification kit. In its standard rifle mode the M42B functions like a traditional projectile rifle with an underslung Compact Grenade Launcher and detachable five-round magazine. In a matter of moments it can be turned into a light machine gun with the addition of a heavier barrel, bipod and high-capacity linkless-feed ammo drum, or a special-operations close-combat rifle by swapping in a shorter barrel fitted with a Sound and Flash Suppressor. All three versions of the M42B also feature a built-in Laser Sight.
- Item: Federated-Barrett M42B
- Equipment Rating: C/X-X-E/E
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage:
- Standard Mode: 4B/5B
- Close-In Mode: 3B/4B
- Light Machine Gun Mode: 4B/5B
- Standard Mode: 30/75/180/430 meters
- Close-In Mode: 20/50/120/280 meters
- Light Machine Gun Mode: 40/90/200/475 meters
- Standard/Close-In Mode: 50
- Light Machine Gun Mode: 300
- Cost/Reload: 1,380/-
- Standard/Close-In Mode: -/12
- Light Machine Gun Mode: -/60
- Standard Mode: 6kg/300g
- Close-In Mode: 5kg/300g
- Light Machine Gun Mode: 7kg/1.85kg
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 183, "Rules Annex - Federated-Barrett M42B Rifle System"
- A Time of War, p. 266, "Ballistic Weapons - Table"
- A Time of War, p. 273, "Machine Gun Support Weapons - Table"