Star League Era
One of twenty Pinto-class corvettes to be on active service in the navy of the Magistracy of Canopus as at 2765, the MCS Thraxa was one of three Pintos assigned to support the elite Chasseurs á Cheval brigade. The three surviving regiments of the brigade were highly active at this point in time, routinely engaging pirate forces within the Magistracy and also allegedly engaging in raids against the Free Worlds League under orders from the Magestrix. The Magistracy Armed Forces acknowledged both the need for the Canopian Light Horse regiments to constantly redeploy and the high profile of the regiments by assigning each regiment a Pinto in addition to their transport JumpShips; the Pinto assigned to the Second Canopian Light Horse was the Thraxa. Assigned to the First and Third Canopian Light Horse regiments were the Thraxa's sister ships MCS Royal Foxx and MCS Stiletto.
The Thraxa and her sister ships were casualties of the Periphery Uprising, which saw the Magistracy of Canopus WarShip fleet destroyed by the Star League Defense Force.
- The destruction of the Periphery WarShip fleets during the uprising was noted by the author of First Succession War on the Catalyst forums and confirmed by a BattleTech Developer, although not in the Ask The Writers or Ask the Lead Developer forum, so this note is not definitive until confirmed elsewhere:
- Given the lack of any new WarShips apparently being constructed between the end of the Periphery Uprising in 2766 and the end of the First Succession War in 2821 it is likely, but not certain, that the Periphery nations had also lost the ability to manufacture new WarShips through the destruction or crippling of the relevant shipyards.
- ↑ Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 4, "WarShips of the Territorial States"
- ↑ Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 14, "Chasseurs á Cheval"
- ↑ First Succession War, p. 101, "The Taurian-Canopian War (2813-2814)"