MHI Defense AA Tank
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|MHI Defense AA Tank|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Mission|| Anti-Air Defense |
|Armor||StarSlab/7 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Engine||GM 240 XL Fusion|
|Communications System||Garret T12-S|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret D2j|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The MHI Defense AA Tank is a mid thirty-second century Heavy Class Combat Vehicle which was prominent in the armies of Republic of the Sphere and the Federated Suns. The vehicle is designed to be a robust and flexible vehicle able to handle the demands of protecting ground units from airborne attack. Its flexible main guns are also able to provide fire support for allied forces on the ground.
Weapons and Equipment
Michaelson's engineers made the Defense AA able go anywhere, which included giving the vehicle limited amphibious capacities. While not speedy, its tracked motive system gives it the ability to go most places on the ground, while being able to resist some damage inflicted in combat. One of the vehicle's noted features is its 8 tons of StarSlab/7 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor, giving it more durability while under fire.
The Defense AA main weapons consists of a pair of turret-mounted Armstrong Class-B LB 10-X Autocannons. The guns are supplied by 4 tons of CASE-protected ammunition, allowing its crew to choose what ammunition types they need for any particular mission. As secondary weapon against infantry, the tank comes with a trio of Light Machine Guns mounted in front, with a half ton of ammunition also protected by the vehicle's CASE.
This vehicles features Limited Amphibious Equipment.
The MHI Defense AA was original conceived by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its Counter Assault expansion set. The figure would be used as a general use vehicle in the CGC game. The Vehicle would later adapt by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
The MHI Defense AA Tank has the following Design Quirk
- MUL online date for the MHI Defense AA Tank
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 25, 88 MHI Defense AA Tank - BV2.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 25, 88 MHI Defense AA Tank - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 25-26, 88 MHI Defense AA Tank - Stats and abilities.