- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|MSF-42 Bluehawk Combat Support Fighter|
|Manufacturer||Majesty Metals and Manufacturing|
|Use||Fire Support Aircraft|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine (Type)||250 Turbine|
|Fuel||160 - 3 ton|
|Armament|| 2x LRM-10s
3x Machine Guns
The MSF-42 Bluehawk is a conventional military aircraft that was produced by Majesty Metals and Manufacturing in the Magistracy of Canopus. The aircraft's conception is something of a corporate mystery, due to it being mechanically identical to Outworlds Alliance's ASF-23 Protector.
The Bluehawk is deployed as a conventional ground support aircraft, using its weaponry to support ground forces.
Since its debut in 3019, the aircraft has seen service with its near-sister aircraft in planetary air militias across the Major Periphery States and the border worlds of the Federated Suns and Draconis Combine.
Some Air Forces have used the Bluehawk simultaneously with the Protector to confuse enemies with the two vehicles' similarities.
Weapons and Equipment
For its principle role as ground attack aircraft, the aircraft is armed with a pair of 10-tubed Long Range Missile launchers, one per each of its wings. The launchers have been given two tons of ammunition to share. For close support, the Bluehawk sports three nose mounted machine guns with a half ton of ammunition.
The exact image of the Bluehawk has never been specified. As of this writing, the aircraft's record sheet has only appeared in the Handbook: Major Periphery States. The record sheet is an unusual joint record sheet which had the exact same stats of the Protector.
- MUL online date for MSF-42 Bluehawk
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, pp. 200-201, "MSF-42 Bluehawk"