Mad Dog II (MekTek)
- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Mad Dog II|
Due to the Mad Dog's popularity (particularly among the ranks of Clan Ghost Bear) the venerable BattleMech was brought back to the drawing board for a redesign and overhaul. The 'Mech was re-worked with the goal of increasing the Mad Dog's direct fire capabilities. To make room for a larger weapons payload, the 'Mech's mass was increased by 15 tons and an additional dorsal weapon pod was added. The Mad Dog II utilizes the same class of engine as the original, however the increased overall weight of the redesign meant a drop in the 'Mech's top speed.
Weapons and Equipment
A combination of an Extended Range PPC in the right arm and an LB 20-X Autocannon in the left gives the Mad Dog Mk II impressive firepower at both long and short range. A pair of LRM 15's provide extra long range punch, while the design carries a dorsal mounted Heavy Medium Laser, two ER Small lasers, and a chin-mounted machine gun for close engagements.
The Mad Dog II also carries an ECM Suite.
There are no known variants.
While the Mad Dog II was released in an official product (specifically the MekTek Mekpack for MechWarrior IV Mercenaries) this product and the vehicles in it are not considered to be part of the Battletech canon. As such, this design is considered to be apocryphal.
- This 'Mech was based on a fannon design before being added to an official product. 
- Mechwarrior IV: Mercenaries MekTek MekPack