Magistracy Aerospace Academy
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Magistracy Aerospace Academy|
|DropShip||Ca. 2730 -|
|AeroSpace Fighter||Ca. 2730 -|
The Magistracy Aerospace Academy or MAA was one of two aerospace academies to be founded by the Magistracy of Canopus during the Star League era. The MAA began operating in 2730, as did the other aerospace-focused academy, the Magistracy Institute for Strategic Studies; while the Magistracy Institute for Strategic Studies focused on training WarShip crews, the MAA specialized in aerospace personnel.
The MAA was founded in the Marantha system for several reasons; firstly, the Marantha system was already home to an extensive civilian spacecraft industry. Secondly, the Marantha system had a large asteroid belt, which was considered ideal for performing avoidance training, and lastly, the asteroid belt was home to a substantial Belter population.
Military courses offered by MAA were known to include a comprehensive aerospace program.
- The MAA is not detailed in any sourcebook covering events after the Star League era, suggesting that it was disabled, destroyed or shut down during the Succession Wars.
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 8, "Academies and Command Centers"