Magshot Gauss Rifle (Battle Armor)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
- This article is about the Battle Armor weapon. For the infantry support weapon, see Magshot Gauss Rifle.
|Magshot Gauss Rifle|
|Year Availability||3059 (FS)|
|Mass Per Reload||.5kg (10)|
The Magshot Gauss Rifle was produced by Federated-Barrett under a Federated Commonwealth Intelligence Command grant to develop the main armament of the Infiltrator Mk. II Battle Armor. While ostensibly designed to defeat light vehicle armor, the FCIC also wanted the weapon to function as a sniper rifle for taking out "soft targets" at extreme ranges. With the recent success of their Thunderstroke Gauss Rifle and Grand Mauler Gauss Cannon, Federated-Barrett was well-positioned to meet these requirements.
A miniature version of vehicle-mounted Gauss Rifles, the Magshot accelerates a small projectile to incredible speeds by use of a magnetic accelerator. For accuracy at great distances the weapon incorporates a unique telescopic sighting system with infrared and rangefinding capabilities. This sighting system is specially designed to interface with the Mk. II's HUD, and the ability for the operator to shut down his suit's motive systems allows for a more accurate shot. In addition to being standard on the Infiltrator Mk. II, the Magshot rifle and sighting system can also be used independently as a crew-served weapon. The Magshot Gauss Rifle would inspire the development of the 'Mech-sized Magshot weapon.
- TechManual, p. 346
- TechManual, p. 301
- Field Manual: Federated Suns', p. 156
- Lostech, p. 42