- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Bagamoyo Aerospace Manufacturing|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Mixed Tech|
|Tracking & Targeting System||???|
With the collapse of the Free Worlds League, every new splinter-state searched for ways to increase their defensive capabilities. The Mosiro Archipelago saw the future in aerospace combat and they used their limited manufacturing resources to build the Malaika, a design with only cosmetic similarities to the abandoned Lyran Banshee fighter. The Malaika was designed with an experimental mixture of primitive and modern technologies.
Weapons and Equipment
When designing the Malaika, the designers kept in mind that its airframe and armor was concededly vulnerable in comparison to other designs of the time. In order to offset the airframe's weaknesses, they fitted the craft with modern weaponry. They chose to use two MML-5 launchers with Artemis-IV support. The rear is protected by a single Extended Range Small Laser. 
No variants are known at this time.
When originally published in XTRO: Retrotech, the unit did not include a Battle Value. This was only found later on Catalyst Game Lab's official unit website.
- MUL online date for the Malaika
- Master Unit Listing for the Malaika
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 15