The Manei Domini were an elite group of cybernetically-enhanced soldiers who served the Word of Blake from approximately 3060 into the early 3080s. Their name is in latin, and means Hands of the Master. These soldiers were considered their own sub-group within Word of Blake organization, forming the Shadow Divisions. Public knowledge of them was largely unknown until the Jihad began in 3068. This warrior-culture answered only to the Manei Domini leadership. Their leadership included the Precentor of the Manei Domini, an individual named Apollyon, who answered to an individual known only as the Master.
 Early History
During most of the 3060s the Manei Domini were reportedly operating strictly as a spec ops organization. Intelligence agencies begun hearing reports on the Manei Domini, starting from Outreach. When the Dragoon's Wolfnet began to hear of the Manei Domini, they first thought they were a covert-mercenary group. Their name in some reports was sometimes mentioned as the Manei Atrocis, or Bloody Hands. Signs of the unit first appeared on the Periphery world of Helios, where the wreckage of a Manei Domini vehicle was found with a Bloody Hand symbol on it. The Domini's level of secrecy caused confusion with the Dragoons, who were trying to locate them. Domini activities had been principally located in the Chaos March, but were also found in the Marian Hegemony and Circinus Federation. In the Chaos March, the Domini wiped out Capellan-backed insurgencies, including the Zhanzheng de Guang, on Caph, Fletcher, Hall, Keid and Liberty. The Manei Domini was also waging a war against Wolf's Dragoons' Wolfnet and Seventh Kommandos as well, arranging the brutal murders of many Dragoons members, and organizing bomb attacks to ultimately isolate the Dragoon's Intelligence Service so it could not operate properly.
During this period, the Manei Domini had been attacking other Great House's Intelligence agencies as well. ComStar ROM had reported that the fanatical agents whom they believed were Manei Domini extensively trained in counter-insurgency, espionage, insurgency, and terrorism. They were shown to used self-destruct device. Dead Manei agent were discovered using cybernetic enhancements, but as of this time no one Inner Sphere intelligence agency had yet known who the Manei Domini were or who they worked for.
It was not until the outbreak of the Jihad that the Manei Domini were organized into thirteen military-style “Shadow Divisions”. These forces were initially raised, trained and equipped for a genocidal showdown with the Clans, as most of their augmentations are aimed at besting the genetically enhanced Clan warriors. However with the fall of the Second Star League they were soon unleashed on an unsuspecting Inner Sphere.
The conflict saw the massive expansion of the Word of Blake Protectorate which formed in 3066, and the Domini's Shadow Divisions were dispatched with regular (formerly hidden) Word of Blake Militia Divisions to attack various strategic targets. These missions ranged from crippling the major Inner Sphere nations' capitals and industries to securing vital resources needed to bolster the Protectorate's integrity. Though used to supplement the Militia Divisions, Shadow Divisions were not under direct command of WoB High Command.
By mid-way through the War, Shadow Divisions began to strike against Protectorate controlled worlds masquerading as House units for unsuspected reasons. Precentor Manei Domini from intelligence reports was being accused by Precentor Martial Cameron St. Jamais of dispatching the Shadow Divisions in 3075.
 Overview of Manei Domini
While cybernetic-enhanced operatives were not unheard of in the Inner Sphere, the Manei Domini stood above all others with the complexity and number of their enhancements, and no equivalent to them could be found even among ComStar or the Clans. Outside of actual combat however they were rarely encountered by the general public, and in such instances almost never more than six were seen at at time.
Once a member of the organization many Manei Domini considered their previous life over, but to be inducted into the ranks of the Manei Domini was a rare privilege. The organization was extremely selective in who it allowed to join the "Hands of the Master" - only Blakists who had demonstrated fanatical devotion to the Word, even at the expense of their well-being and with no ambition beyond serving the Word. Even applicants who met this high bar of fanaticism were chosen only after having suffered grievous injuries which required radical reconstruction and implantation as, in the eyes of the Manei Domini, their first sacrifice of flesh must be performed without the promise of replacement.
 Characteristics and Combat Style
Manei Domini soldiers were known for their fierceness, fearlessness, and fanatical devotion to their Master, and were rated as elite warriors regardless of rank or duty. In addition, they trusted their fellow Manei Domini kin without question and harbored few ambitions beyond serving the Master, further compounding their combat capability. This level of indoctrination made it nearly impossible to convince a Manei Domini to change their mind or turn against one another. Only by getting through their automatic distrust of non-Manei Domini and appealing to their belief in the Master's will would a person have any hope of a chance.
Manei Domini in combat were lethal, ruthless killers, but they were not just berserkers who killed all in sight with no regard for tactics or discipline. Manei Domini would regularly engage multiple targets at once so as to be efficient as possible, whilst occasionally adding the odd gory or grisly kill to demoralize opponents. Manei Domini never retreated out of fear but, unless a last stand was conductive to the will of their superiors, they did make withdrawals when the situation proved untenable. For the same reason the Manei Domini never surrendered or allowed themselves to be taken capture, either activating their self-destruct implants themselves or through remote trigger by friendly operatives, unless again it served the Master's will, i.e. getting close enough to kill an enemy commander.
Those times when the Manei Domini interacted with the Inner Sphere in a non-combat manner, they often displayed an attitude of dispassionate superiority. After all, the Domini were merely humble servants of the Master, sacrifices for the redemption of all humankind. Such indifferent contempt for the "frails" showed itself in a number of areas: for example captives were rarely mistreated, at least if there wasn't a tactically beneficial reason to do so. The exceptions were those of noble birth or otherwise directly connected to the Great Houses, whom the Manei Domini saw as responsible for the dissolution of the Second Star League, and members of the Clans, the enemy for which they had originally been created to destroy. Such was their hatred for the Clans that most captives taken by the Manei Domini were summarily executed on the spot.
When interacting with other members of the Word of Blake, the Manei Domini were noted to have an arrogance ironically similar to that displayed by Clan warriors when dealing with lower caste members. Indeed the fact that the Manei Domini were not formally a part of the standard command structure often caused friction with "common" Blakists forces, though such internal rivalries were little more than passing interests to the Manei Domini. Indeed whenever the Manei Domini served alongside these forces in battle they often saw it almost as a favor to them; if they followed the orders of a conventional Blakist officer it was only so long as said orders were seen to serve the Master's will.
The Manei Domini utilize their own language, aptly named High Dominus, which is a mix of ancient Greek and classic Latin. Used in ceremonial occasions, Domini regularly intermix High Dominus with more well known languages such as English, which understandably confuses others not of the Manei Domini who hear it. Usually it is spoke in greetings to fellow Domini as well as in special chants.
 Manei Domini Ranking and Classes
The Manei Domini’s ranking system uses both the standard Word of Blake ranking system and their own, in addition to a separate classification system. Rank seniority went by seven characters from the Greek alphabet, with the first being the lowest rank, and signified how many and what types of cybernetic enhancements could be implanted. In addition to this rank were secondary designations, named after mythological creatures of an undead nature, which signified their basic function. While enough overlap existed for "cross-class" operatives, only rarely would a Domini change class by completely removing their implants and installing new ones to fit their new role.
Low-ranking Manei Domini retained their birth-names, though they were referred to by their formal title with Word of Blake military rank and last name. In some instances their military rank would be modified by their Manei Domini rank and, though rarely used by Domini, their full formal title also included their designation. Once an exceptional Manei Domini achieved the rank of Sigma, they were awarded a "true name" at an "ascension" ceremony. Also known as an "ascended" name, these took the place of their birth names and were modeled after the names of angels or demons (never gods) in ancient religions, related to their duties to the Master. These Domini were also known as the "Ascended" and with their new rank came a Division-level command or other important sub-command within the Shadow Divisions or ROM.
Example: A soldier's birth name is Sarah Marshal, her WoB rank is Adept and Manei Domini rank is Beta, and her occupation is a MechWarrior. If being addressed to, she could answer to as Adept Marshal, Adept Beta Marshal or as Phantom Adept Beta Marshal.
| Manei Domin Rank
| # of Implants (Min/Max)
| Max. Implant Level
|Class Designator||Primary Function||Cybernetic Implants Required||Notes|
|Ghost||Reconnaissance||Ear or Eye Implant||Battlefield reconnaissance agents, Ghosts were trained in stealth, surveillance, wilderness survival and tracking, along with how to use (and abuse) communication and security systems, and when necessary how to perform interrogations. They were quite handy with melee weapons.|
|Wraith||Infiltrator||Cosmetic Implants (non-horror type)||Wraiths were battlefield infiltrators, using cosmetic enhancements to appear as outwardly normal as possible. Skilled in demolitions and cryptography, Wraiths also knew their way around communication and security systems, were able to disguise and hide themselves from the enemy and, if caught, trained in ways to fast-talk out of a situation.|
|Banshee||Defense||Full-Body Myomer Implants||These defense specialists were trained to use a wide variety of melee, small arms and support weapons, as well as any form of martial arts. Adept demolitionists and tacticians, Banshees also knew how to operate sensor and electronic counter-measure systems, along with survival techniques in hostile environments|
|Zombie||Assault||Enhanced Prosthetic||The shock troops of the Manei Domini, Zombie agents were skilled martial artists and tacticians, trained to use any weapon from melee to support-class. They could intimidate an opponent into surrendering or draw a weapon and kill them with it before their opponent had a chance to react.|
|Phantom||Vehicular Pilot||Vehicular DNI Implant||Phantoms piloted everything from battle armor to 'Mechs and fightercraft, were trained in how to operate and repair the various systems necessary for their function, and skilled in individual and small-scale tactics.|
|Specter||Command||Communication Implant||The organization's military commanders, Specters were one of the few Manei Domini who could be encountered outside of battle, often acting as advisers or representatives of the Master alongside "normal" field commanders and administrators. Besides training in leadership, tactics and strategy, Specters were cryptographers and knew their way around communication and computer systems. They were also proficient in navigating administrative and bureaucratic systems, and could perform negotiations and interrogations.|
|Poltergeist||Special Operative||Any Implants||These perceptive agents could appear anywhere on or off the battlefield, operating by themselves or in conjunction with ROM. Trained actors, Poltergeists were skilled in the arts of deception, seduction, negotiation and interrogation. They could blend in among the lower and the upper classes, knew how to hide and survive in hostile environments, conduct surveillance, and crack security systems. Melee weapons were their weapon of choice.|
 Manei Domini Equipment
The Manei Domini employed a vast variety of equipment, weaponry, cyberware and vehicles, all of which were used to terrifying effect, fear being a primary weapon of all Shadow Divisions and Manei Domini. With their initial conception of totally eradicating the Clans, the Manei Domini had no qualms about using weapons of mass destruction, whether they be nuclear, chemical or biological. In addition to their own unique gear, Manei Domini had access to any combat vehicle, battle armor, fighter or 'Mech produced by the Word of Blake or Free Worlds League, and if part of an occupation force were not above using captured enemy equipment against their foes.
 Manei Domini Vehicles
The Manei Domini possessed a special array of 'Mechs, battle armor, combat vehicles and Aerospace fighters, with most of the designs being enhanced versions of standard vehicles used by armies before. However, some time after their formation the Manei Domini came into contact with the military engineer Doctor Devon Cortland, who was able to develop many new series of armor, fighters, OmniVehicles and OmniMechs. Cortland, also known as Precentor Vapula, designed this technology for exclusive Manei Domini use by implementing cybernetic interface systems in almost all Manei Domini equipment.
 Celestial Series of OmniMechs
One of Doctor Cortland's first endeavors was taking over the failed Grand Crusader II OmniMech project which had floundered. In 3070, the Celestial series' premiere shocked many observers who expected to see only one 'Mech design but were greeted with six instead. These six designs were each named after angelic beings from various religions and were made to appear menacing to all who opposed them, thus adding merit to the designs' namesakes.
|Malak Light OmniMech||Preta Medium OmniMech||Grigori Heavy OmniMech|
|Deva Heavy OmniMech||Seraph Assault OmniMech||Archangel Assault OmniMech|
 Demon Series of Battle Armor
Designed to accompany the Celestial Series OmniMechs in battle, the Demon series first appeared in 3070 in various hot-spots on the battlefields of the Jihad. Like the Celestial Series, these Battle Armor seldom appeared outside the ranks of the Manei Domini. Also in line with the Celestial Series, the Demon Series of Battle Armor were each named after various demons of ancient lore and were aesthetically designed as such.
|Djinn Light Battle Armor||Asura Medium Battle Armor||Se'irim Medium Battle Armor|
|Tengu Heavy Battle Armor||Nephilim Assault Battle Armor||Shedu (Quad) Assault Battle Armor|
 Spectral Series of OmniFighters
The Spectral Series of OmniFighters begun to appear on Gibson in late 3071. The three designs share similar design features which include a small cockpit and collapsible wing structures. The collapsible wings were designed to reduce the fighter's profile in space, thus allowing it to be mistaken for an escape pod or small shuttle. However this advantage was more accidental than intentional by Doctor Cortland: his goal was to improve the vector thrust characteristics of the fighters in space.
|Shade Light OmniFighter||Rusalka Medium OmniFighter||Striga Heavy OmniFighter|
 Serpentus Series of OmniVehicles
The Serpentus Series was the name of the Word of Blake's ground Combat Vehicles series, which made its first appearance in the early 3070s. Only one of this series managed to reach production, which was named the Bolla. Names or types of vehicle which were slated to be part of the Serpentus is publicly unknown.
|Bolla Stealth Tank|
 Spectral LAM Series
The Spectral LAM series were a trio of new Land Air 'Mech designs, utilized by the Word of Blake's elite armed forces in very limited numbers. The series first emerged in 3075 and saw limited production a year later, deployed from both factories on Terra and Gibson. The Spectral LAMs utilize a combination of old Star League and Clan technologies to increase these new designs' potential. However, each of the designs disappeared due to a lack of parts after both factory sites were lost in the fighting.
|S-PW-1LAM Pwwka||S-YR-1LAM Yurei||S-WN-2LAM Waneta|
 Omni Configuration Names
Like all Omni related vehicles/'Mechs/etc, they have a number of configurations. However, instead of using common configuration names such as "Primary" or "A Config", Latin terms are instead used. Other follow-on OmniVehicles and OmniFighters have used the same naming conventions.
|Conventional Omni Names||Primary Config.||A Config.||B Config.||C Config.||D Config.||E Config.||S Config.||U Config.|
|Manei Domini Names||Invictus||Dominus||Infernus||Comminus||Luminos||Eminus||Caelestis||Exanimus|
 Manei Domini Cybernetics
This is a brief listing of the array of cybernetics that are offered to the members of Manei Domini. All Manei Domini agents receive enhancements, however their availability is dependent upon the job and rank of the individual. In addition all Manei Domini implants contain either an explosive, incendiary or chemical self-destruct which could be triggered by the operative themselves, remotely by another Manei Domini, or automatically go off if the agent is killed or incapacitated.
 Cosmetic Enhancements
- Cosmetic Enhancements (Level 0)
- - These alterations to the agent's body are designed to enhance their physical characteristics, either to make them beautiful for undercover work or grotesque for combat. Cosmetic Beauty Enhancements improve the appearance and sexual appeal of the subject, enhancing their skills at negotiation and the seduction of enemy agents. Cosmetic Horror Enhancements meanwhile alter the subject's body to appear more frightening, useful for intimidating an opponent or interrogating others.
- Prosthetics (Level 0)
- - Any or all of the agent's hands, feet, arms and legs are replaced with prosthetic models similar to the standard Type Four and Type Five artificial limbs used by other Inner Sphere organizations. They can be cosmetically enhanced to look just like a normal limb or to look more intimidating.
- Enhanced Prosthetics (Level 1)
- - Enhanced Prosthetics are the same as regular prosthetics, however they have been designed to carry a single took tool or weapon. Ranged weapons can include a holdout-type gun with or without a Laser Sight - ballistic pistol, laser pistol, dart gun, needler, shotgun, SMG, or sonic stun gun - or melee weapons like a blade, needle, shocker or Vibroblade. Potential tools include climbing claws, electromagnet or grappler (useful for performing anti-'Mech swarming attacks), a holster or cargo container, a lockpick, a micro computer or Prosthetic Leg MASC.
- Improved Enhanced Prosthetics (Level 3)
- - These more advanced Enhanced Prothetics allows for a combination of any two weapons or tools, and are common among the more enhanced Manei Domini.
- Prosthetics Leg MASC (Level 3)
- - The PL MASC, developed by 3072, is a miniaturized form of BattleMech-style Myomer Accelerator Signal Circuitry (MASC). Requiring the complete removal of the subject's leg and hips, this enhancement allows for quick burst of speed, twice the agent's normal running speed, for a duration of five seconds. A mandatory ten-second cool-down period then commences, returning the user to their normal running speed, so as to prevent the actuators from seizing up. The legs are available in either normal or reverse-jointed designs, though the later prevent the use of battle armor and most vehicles, and can be cosmetically enhanced to hide their nature or to be more intimidating. PL-MASC cannot be combined with Triple-Strength Mymomer implants.
- Secondary Power Supply (Level 1)
- - Secondary Power Supplies provides additional power for using enhanced prosthetics and mymomer implants, reducing the dependency on biological energy sources such as blood sugar and consequently reducing the number of chronic headaches caused by implant feedback. They are installed directly into the existing protethics, allowing an operative to carry multiple batteries, and provide four times as much charge as a high-capacity micro power pack. As with other power packs these power sources can be recharged by any standard power pack recharger or compatible power source.
 Pain Control Implant
- Pain Shunt (Level 2)
- - The Pain Shunt is less of an implant and more a surgical procedure that allows a person to ignore pain, whether from an injury sustained or the chronic pain of their other implants, by bypassing the pain centers of the brain. While making the operative largely incapable of feeling agony, it also causes clumsiness due to the deadening of the user's tactile senses. Operative who undergo this procedure take a whole year to relearn how to manipulate objects without accidentally breaking them, but are much harder to effectively stun or put down afterwards. For example pilots with VDNI enhancements and a Pain Shunt ignore any negative VDNI feedback caused by internal or critical damage to their craft, while infantry are more immune to fire-based weapons due to their deadened senses.
 Chemical Sprayer Implants
- Pheromone Effuser (Level 3)
- - This is a implant designed specifically for covert use, making it rarely seen among combat-oriented agents. It is a dispenser hidden either inside the agent's month or nose and uses chemicals from the their body to produce a strong mixture of pheromones. This is then dispensed by the agent blowing on their intended target, reducing their emotional and mental defenses for several hours. Despite using the subject's own body to produce pheromones the device requires a full two days to recharge after expending ten "doses" along with a catalyzing agent which must be recharged every week, typically through some innocuous oral means such as chewing gum or breath mints. As many as four Effusers can be implanted in one operative, increasing the number of available "doses" up to forty.
- Toxic Effuser (Level 4)
- - The Toxic Effuser uses the same basic principles as the Pheromone Effuser though to more deadly effect, making it useful not only for covert operations but on the battlefield as well. Rather than dispensing a pleasing mixture of phereomones to weaken the target's mental defenses, the Toxic Effuser releases a toxic chemical agent upon the agent's exhalation up to 3 meters distant. While a variety of chemicals can be used the most common is a concentrated poison known as "Manei Mortis," or "Hands of Death," which when inhaled can kill in seconds. To prevent the agent from killing themselves with their own weapon those who receive this implant undergo chemical treatments during their recovery time to boost their own immunity, with most also taking a filtration implant for further protection. Since the implant cannot draw on the operative's own bodily chemicals to replenish itself it must be recharged via direct injection, typically behind the jawbone or in the side of the neck. A limit of two Toxic Effusers can be implanted for a total of twenty "doses" of poison.
 Audio / Visual / Communication Type Implants
- Cybernetic Eyes/Ears/Speech Implant (Level 2)
- - These audio and visual implants grants the operative a wide range of abilities beyond that of normal bionic replacements.
- Cybernetic Eyes come in one of four different models. Infrared eyes allow the person to see in the infrared spectrum, while electromagnetic eyes allow them to detect electronic or magnetic targets to a range of two kilometers, and both telescopic and laser sight eyes both improve the person's ability to surveil a target or aim a weapon. Cosmetics can make the eyes appear perfectly natural or particularly intimidating, such as glowing threateningly. A person can have one or both eyes replaced with cybernetic models, nor do both eyes need to be of the same models (i.e. one infrared and one laser sight).
- Cybernetic Ears come in two different models, one which greatly enhances the hearing range of the Domini and the other which can pick up radio signals to a range of a hundred meters. One or both ears can be replaced with cybernetic models, whether just one or both model types, and the ear can be cosmetically enhanced to look perfectly normal or more intimidating.
- Cybernetic Speech implants can either allow the Domini to vary the modulation of their voice or speak in an ultrasonic frequency which can only be picked up by cybernetic ears, with a limit on one implant only.
- Multi-Modal Cybernetic Eyes/Ears/Speech Implant (Level 3)
- - The multi-module type of Audio-Visual implant allows for two abilities per implant verse the one in the Standard Cybernetic Eyes/Ears/Speech Implants. For example a cybernetic eye could have both infrared and telescopic abilities. The Multi-Modal also enhances the capabilities of Domini Warriors with the Vehicle DNI implant by allowing for a more sensitive connection between their brain and the vehicle's external sensor systems, making it harder for the enemy to go unnoticed.
- Enhanced Multi-Modal Cybernetic Eyes/Ears/Speech Implant (Level 5)
- - These enhanced models are the highest grade of audio-visual cybernetic implants available. They are reserved for the most elite of Manei Domini warriors, those of Sigma and Omicron rank only, as they allow three functions per implant, such as eyes with infrared, telescopic and laser sighting.
- Recorder/Transmitter/Receiver/Communications Implants (Level 2)
- - These implants are designed to interact with Cybernetic Eyes/Ears/Speech implants as they give the ability to record, transmit and receive data and communications. When connected a recorder implant can record up for up to six hours on a looping track, one-way transmitting or receiving implants can similarly send or receive data to a range of one hundred meters, and communications implants allows for two-way conversation with a similarly-equipped Domini also to a range of one hundred meters. A maximum of two such cybernetic devices can be implanted at once.
- Boosted Recorder/Transmitter/Receiver/Communications Implants (Level 3)
- - Improved version of the standard implants, these are often found in more advanced Domini agents. Boosted recorder implants can record for up to twenty-four hours while transmitter, receiver and communication implants have a range of one kilometer. In addition when infantry or battle armor units contain boosted communication implants combined with multi-modal eyes or ears they can join a C3i Network.
 Life Support Type Cybernetic Implants
- Filtration Liver Implants (Level 3)
- - Special filtration livers, based on mass-produced survival technology originating from the Taurian Concordat, allows the individual to ingest deadly toxins with no ill effect. Unfortunately the implant has the side effect of producing a noticeable and offensive odor when the subject sweats, which in some cases can even give the individual away if they are attempting to hide. One hour of downtime is required for every three hours the liver implant is used and only one liver can be implanted.
- Filtration Lung Implants (Level 3)
- - Also based on survival technology from the Concordat, these filtration lungs allow one to completely ignore the effects of non-lethal gas and chemical weapons and greatly reduce the effect lethal chemical weapons. With this lung a Domini can operate with little impediment in a toxic atmosphere, even one tainted with caustic, flammable or radioactive elements, for up to 72 hours. Only one filtration lung can be implanted in an operative, and for every three hours of use it requires one hour of downtime before it can be used again.
 Vehicular Control Type Implants
- Vehicular Direct Neural Interface (Level 3)
- - Also known as VDNI, this cybernetic implant allows a warrior to directly "plug-in" into their respective vehicle ('Mech, battle armor, vehicle, fighter or Small Craft), greatly improving their ability to pilot the machine and hit targets more accurately; the implant also allows a single VDNI pilot to replace the function of multiple crew members, assuming they are properly trained. While this implant is similar to the Clan's Enhanced Imaging technology, VDNI incorporate improved circuit breakers and pilots undergo regular chemical therapy to mitigate the short-term side effects. Still, even the latest in Blakist neural-inhibitor treatments can only stave off eventual terminal brain damage for ten years, with implanted individuals slowly losing their sanity until then. In addition the systems necessary for VDNI to function properly are so extensive that non-VDNI piloting systems must be removed, preventing the vehicle from being piloted at all by anyone not enhanced, and critical or internal damage suffered by the vehicle can cause dangerous feedback capable of injuring or killing the pilot.
- Buffered VDNI (Level 5)
- - This is an upgraded version of the VDNI implant which first appears several years after the start of the Jihad. While granting the same direct control of the pilot's machine as standard VDNI, the buffered model includes superior fail-safes against neurological damage. In effect a Domini with buffered VDNI can live for fifteen years before they suffer crippling brain damage which leaves them in a vegetative state, and they retain their sanity much longer. Buffered VDNI pilots will also experience dangerous feedback only when their piloted machine suffers critical damage, and the compact control systems means they can use small cockpits without a degradation in capability. However the specialized technology which goes into buffered VDNI means it is completely incompatible with standard VDNI systems.
 Strength and Armor Implants
- Myomer Full-Body Implants (Level 4)
- - These Myomer-based implants increase the strength and defenses of the user, and may be implanted together or separately. Similar to the Elective Myomer Implants pioneered by the Capellan Confederation, both enhancements greatly affect the strength and durability of the subject to lesser or greater degrees. For example, a warrior with one of these implants can handle heavy weapons which would normally be encumbering to a "frail" without difficulty, even for a support weapon which would normally require a crew of two. When combined together a Manei Domini with both implants can even use support weapons normally handled by a three-man crew by themselves without difficulty. These implants' abilities in combat can be most horrific: Manei Domini with armor implants have been known to survive multiple hits from multiple small arms, even from a Zeus Heavy Rifle, while the strength enhancements allow them to tear a man's arms out of his sockets to bloody effect. There are some drawbacks to their use though: the surgical procedure to implant these enhancements is extremely painful for the subject, they cause constant chronic headaches, are hard to repair when damaged, and decrease the subject's attractiveness.
- Dermal Myomer Armor implants armors the individual against harm from a variety of weapons, including energy and ballistic weapons, making them more tolerant of pain and harder to put down. They also increase the user's strength to a lesser degree.
- Triple-Strength Myomer implants utilize Triple Strength Myomer on a personal scale, greatly increasing the subject's strength as well as reflexes. This implant also makes the subject more resilient and difficult to injure.
 Shadow Division Force Specific Abilities
BattleTech has special Force Specific rules that allows enhancement of game play when playing against a specific. The Shadow Divisions each have their own unique traits, abilities, and even penalties. In addition to these specific abilities, every Shadow Division also has several standard Force Specific abilities: Immunity from Forced Withdrawal Rules, they can negate Overrun Combat, and Forcing the Initiative abilities an opposing force may have.
|Force Specific Ability/ Name||Who it Effects||What it does|
|Forced Withdrawal Immunity||Shadow Division||Immunity to effects of this ability in scenario|
|Overrun Combat Immunity||Opposing Player's Force||Opposing Player's Overrun Combat ability is negated|
|Forcing the Initiative Immunity||Opposing Player's Force||Opposing Player's Forcing the Initiative ability is negated.|
- ↑ A Guide To Covert Ops p. 105 - organization translated name.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 119 - "Rules Annex" - Manei Domini - Creation rules mentions Domini existed during the 3060s as small special operation teams.
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 81 – "Apollyon profile" – Title of Precentor Manei Domini and him answering only to the Master are listed
- ↑ Interstellar Players p. 15 - "The Sixth of June"
- ↑ A Guide To Covert Ops p. 105 - Manei Domini - the sketchy early history of organization from ops book.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076 p. 50 - Feuding Children - St. James transcription with Apollyon about Shadow Division attacks.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, pg. 120
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, pg. 123
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 122
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072 pp. 121,123-124 - Rules Annex/Manei Domini Classes/Manei Domini Nomenclature: - Manei rank/class structured explained and chart provided.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 121
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 100 - "Grand Crusader II Variants" - Variant sections the OmniMech project due in 3070.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 134 - "Dr. Copeland takes over the failed Grand Crusader II OmniMech project and makes into new series of OmniMechs".
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 142 - "Djinn Battle Armor" - Early stories describe the beginnings of the Demon Series of Battle Armor.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 102 - "Striga Heavy OmniFighter profile" - Striga appeared in late 3071 with lighter sisters fighter appearing later.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 98 - "S-HA-O Shade" - Capacities - Collapiable Wings ablities.
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, pp. 112-113 - "Bolla Stealth Tank" - OmniVehicle series name given.
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 138, 155-160, "Spectral LAM series info".
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, pg. 124
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 125
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 126
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 22.4 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 127
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 23.3 23.4 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 128
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 129
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, pp. 130-131 - "Details of Full-Body Implants for Manei Domini warriors".
- ↑ A Time of War, pp. 251
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 142 - "Rules Annex/Force Specific Rules" - Shadow Division (General) Force Specific abilities and 45th Shadow Division.